Caught Somewhere In Time (extended Version)

A

Anonymous

Hi there!

I found this link:

http://www.maiden-world.com/live/The_Kings...e_Twilight_Zone

Most of this is common stuff, but "caught somewhere in time (extended version)" and "Flash of the blade (demo)" is somewhat new to me. Anyone heard these two and could supply us with a description on any diffrences from the official releases?

Any help is appreciated

[!--quoteo(post=135467:date=Apr 22 2006, 08:24 PM:name=prn)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(prn @ Apr 22 2006, 08:24 PM) [snapback]135467[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hi there!
I found this link:

http://www.maiden-world.com/live/The_Kings...e_Twilight_Zone

Most of this is common stuff, but "caught somewhere in time (extended version)" and "Flash of the blade (demo)" is somewhat new to me. Anyone heard these two and could supply us with a description on any diffrences from the official releases?
Any help is appreciated
[/quote]

Never heard of them. I am curious to find these versions though! :)

The Flash Of The Blade demo is the studio version from Powerslave with more tape hiss.

Caught Somewhere In Time (Extended Version) is basically the original studio version which someone has remixed to make it 15 minutes long (the intro lasts 3 minutes, the solos repeat...)

Not worth the hassle of finding really.

[!--quoteo(post=135472:date=Apr 23 2006, 01:09 AM:name=The Ancient Mariner)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Apr 23 2006, 01:09 AM) [snapback]135472[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
The Flash Of The Blade demo is the studio version from Powerslave with more tape hiss.

Caught Somewhere In Time (Extended Version) is basically the original studio version which someone has remixed to make it 15 minutes long (the intro lasts 3 minutes, the solos repeat...)

[/quote]

I'm glad that you gave us this piece of information... Just as a good warning, not to waste time and possible money on those.

Do you have any knowledge of the rumored "Virual XI Demos"?
(or any other demos)

.prn

[!--quoteo(post=135472:date=Apr 23 2006, 12:09 AM:name=The Ancient Mariner)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Apr 23 2006, 12:09 AM) [snapback]135472[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]
:: Sounds like 'The Angel and the Gambler' 1986.

[!--quoteo(post=135472:date=Apr 23 2006, 01:09 AM:name=The Ancient Mariner)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Apr 23 2006, 01:09 AM) [snapback]135472[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

[/quote]

yep, man
some 10 years ago I hardly tried and finally got it and realised that its just a strange fake
this remix is just a amateur mix done with 2 tape recorders

[!--quoteo(post=135499:date=Apr 23 2006, 04:12 PM:name=prn)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(prn @ Apr 23 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]135499[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I'm glad that you gave us this piece of information... Just as a good warning, not to waste time and possible money on those.

Do you have any knowledge of the rumored "Virual XI Demos"?
(or any other demos)
.prn
[/quote]

The Virtual XI demos are genuine. They're just rough mixes of the final tracks on the album (They sound the same as the final album but the mix isn't as good)

There are other demos (Bruce's audition, Soundhouse Tapes, Metal For Muthas, Axe Attack...) but they're all easy to find. There's talk of other demos (Battery Studios, 1981) but on the whole I think they're the same idea as the Flash In The Blade demo.

Not many people might realize the following, but I believe that on the "Behind The Iron Curtain" video is a demo of (a part) of Powerslave. It can clearly be heard that both the solos and sound are different.

Check it out [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=135622:date=Apr 25 2006, 11:25 PM:name=Forostar)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Forostar @ Apr 25 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]135622[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Not many people might realize the following, but I believe that on the "Behind The Iron Curtain" video is a demo of (a part) of Powerslave. It can clearly be heard that both the solos and sound are different.

Check it out [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]
[/quote]

yes i thought it too
but i think its just a live recording of this song from some of the gigs in eastern europe in 1984

[!--quoteo(post=135612:date=Apr 25 2006, 02:11 PM:name=The Ancient Mariner)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Apr 25 2006, 02:11 PM) [snapback]135612[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
The Virtual XI demos are genuine. They're just rough mixes of the final tracks on the album (They sound the same as the final album but the mix isn't as good)

There are other demos (Bruce's audition, Soundhouse Tapes, Metal For Muthas, Axe Attack...) but they're all easy to find. There's talk of other demos (Battery Studios, 1981) but on the whole I think they're the same idea as the Flash In The Blade demo.
[/quote]

Thansk for the info! I'll start to look out for those. I happend to prefer metal more "rough" than than "clean". (think: Autopsy)

.prn

[!--quoteo(post=135627:date=Apr 26 2006, 07:12 AM:name=agdabavipain)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(agdabavipain @ Apr 26 2006, 07:12 AM) [snapback]135627[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
yes i thought it too
but i think its just a live recording of this song from some of the gigs in eastern europe in 1984
[/quote]

I never thought of that possibility since I don't remember much of a live feel/atmosphere, hearing that song, some years back. In my memory it sounded like a studio sound.

But I'll keep this possibility in mind, when I will play the tape next time.

Thanks a lot for the info. I'll save my money and get something else.

Back