Can you still listen to TNOTB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't find the words -- or maybe there aren't any -- to describe such a poll. [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

"Abysmal" would be the closest, but surely not quite strong enough...

I was waiting for that kind of answer. Maverick, you're in great shape. Nice start for the weekend ! [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Now to answer the question : I can listen to it as long as my record player doesn't refuse to play it.

[!--QuoteBegin-syl+Feb 12 2005, 10:08 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(syl @ Feb 12 2005, 10:08 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I can listen to it as long as my record player doesn't refuse to play it.
[snapback]97757[/snapback]​
[/quote]
You're showing your age! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Feb 12 2005, 11:11 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 12 2005, 11:11 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]You're showing your age!  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]97758[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I meant my CD player though my record player has a much better sound . You know, the older the better.

Yes I can ! When you want ! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I can still listen all Maiden's song : there's always something to discover.

Anaway I didn't vote and I hope there will not be a poll like this for each song. [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

.......pffffffffffffft.............

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Feb 12 2005, 10:11 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 12 2005, 10:11 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]You're showing your age!  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]97758[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I still have a record player, and I use it often!

I was forced to answer "yes" simply on the basis of logic. Looking at the question, one of the following is definitely true: either I can listen to "The Number Of The Beast", or it is dead to me. The option "no" would only be valid if both of those were false.

(In other words: if you're going to create a poll, please make your answers match your question.)

Aside from that, I think there's a legitimate question bubbling under the surface here. Some Maiden fans have certain songs which they've heard so many times that the song has actually become somewhat boring to them. I feel that way about "The Trooper", and I recall LooseCannon has posted before that he feels (or has felt) that way about "2 Minutes To Midnight".

Since we still maintain the goal of intelligent conversation in the polls forum, I'll ask: does anybody else have a Maiden song that, at least for right now, they're tired of hearing?

Provided that I listen to Maiden every 2-3 months, I'm not tired of any of their songs! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It's not that stupid a question, maverick.
if you recall i said i can still listen to the song - i was genuinly
interested in seeing if there were any die hard fans who have been
listening to that song since the eighties and heard it so many times that
they either tryed to avoid listening to it or listened to it a considerable amount
less than other maiden songs.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Feb 12 2005, 08:59 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 12 2005, 08:59 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I just can't find the words -- or maybe there aren't any -- to describe such a poll.  [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
"Abysmal" would be the closest, but surely not quite strong enough...
[snapback]97756[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I saw this coming [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

While I can still listen to all maiden songs I have come to realize that NOTB is somewhat overrated and though I am not bored of it I am tired of the big hoopla it gets.

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Feb 12 2005, 01:43 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Feb 12 2005, 01:43 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
Since we still maintain the goal of intelligent conversation in the polls forum, I'll ask: does anybody else have a Maiden song that, at least for right now, they're tired of hearing?
[snapback]97771[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I love these songs....but:
trooper
hallowed....
NOTB
RTTH
Fear......

Tired of Run to The Hills at the moment. I just can't take any more! [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Surprisingly, I'm not tired of any Maiden song. Sometimes I am, of songs like RTTH, The Trooper etc, and I skip them, but the very next time I start banging to them like never before.
Besides, if RTTH and NOTB are everything they ever play of Maiden in Metal bars... (OK, to be fair, they had Wasted Years two weeks ago, and I virtually infected everybody with my air guitar energy back then).

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Feb 12 2005, 03:43 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Feb 12 2005, 03:43 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]... does anybody else have a Maiden song that, at least for right now, they're tired of hearing?
[snapback]97771[/snapback]​
[/quote]

well
im feeling little bit bored hearing all the "old" stuff (1980-2003) except songs that are not "classics" in general
such as
- sun and steel
- deja-vu
- age of innocence
- only the good...
- fear is the key
etc
etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back