Can you still listen to TNOTB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never get tired of any maiden songs, no matter how many times I play them. If maiden was the only music in the world, I'd be fine with it.

I'm only 13 and I have been listening for 6 years and I love every maiden song

[!--QuoteBegin-metalboyken+Jun 16 2005, 11:48 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(metalboyken @ Jun 16 2005, 11:48 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I've been  a fan for 5 years( i'm 15)! And I have al maiden cd's  i've listend them so many times every there's played atleast 2 cd's ! And I'm not tierd of any of the songs!
THEy fuckin' rock
[snapback]108779[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I would have thought that, at 15, you could write properly. Mind you, maybe English is not your mother tongue...

Haven't voted but

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jun 16 2005, 10:54 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jun 16 2005, 10:54 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I would have thought that, at 15, you could write properly. Mind you, maybe English is not your mother tongue...
[snapback]108780[/snapback]​
[/quote]
a little too strick maybe [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ? There are certain medical conditions even... (no offence)

[!--QuoteBegin-charlotte+Jun 16 2005, 12:33 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(charlotte @ Jun 16 2005, 12:33 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]a little too strick maybe [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ?
[snapback]108782[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I wonder what your mother tongue may be too! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Oh no [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-jstunner+May 31 2005, 11:12 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(jstunner @ May 31 2005, 11:12 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I love the album and the song.  I never get tired of it. Even the song Gangland sounds cool now. I've been listening to that album since the 80's.
[snapback]106493[/snapback]​
[/quote]

me too! i still love the album and song and i think i always will

Hehe, i found a cover Swan - number of the beast, that one i can't hear so many times [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

original song in a movie called Murder by numbers too, that was cool [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think Maveric you're right!!!
Well, i can't explain it, but i think i'm pretty tired of listen to this song on my stereo. The strange thing is that when they play it on a gig it feels totally different. Like is the first time i listen to it. I don't know!!!

it seems weird to see that the most voted option aint adrian smith [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-metalboyken+Jul 15 2005, 10:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(metalboyken @ Jul 15 2005, 10:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]But i don't give a fuck [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]112153[/snapback]​
[/quote]
And that's what's sad about it... [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Damn. How the hell do you manage to mess up a quote like that? I mean, the computer does it for you. It's not a situation where your spelling problems should have mattered. I don't know whether to be impressed or dismayed.
[!--QuoteBegin-metalboyken+Jul 17 2005, 02:19 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(metalboyken @ Jul 17 2005, 02:19 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'll try to give a fuck okey.
[snapback]112289[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Try harder.

I voted for option #1 because I can't get that damn cheese out! [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:cheese:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cheesy[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cheesy[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I remember reading this topic when it first posted and thought how ridiculous it was. NOTB is one of the most 'popular' tracks because it's one of the best.
Although I prefer to listen to other less well known tracks (Virtual XI is my most listened to album of the moment) I still crank up the volume when NOTB or Run to the Hills come on the radio [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] (for those who don't know it, Planet Rock is the best radio station ever, and on digital radio too - plays all classic rock tracks, including the maiden 'classics').

I don't come around here much. In fact, I never have. This forum has changed since I last saw it.

I last came here a couple years ago, and people were dissing maiden. Someone said Maiden isn't the end-all and be-all of metal.

I heartily disagree.

I listen to Maiden every day. I have all their albums on my jukebox mp3 player. I have all their albums on cd. I attend every concert that comes my way. (Denver, CO, USA)

I have been jamming to Maiden since 1985. I can never tire of any Maiden. (Except some Blaze)

I also enjoy Bruce, and shortly my collection will be complete. I wear Maiden shirts. In my little town, everyone knows there is a Maiden fan walking around.

Maiden has nearly become my religion. I may be the most die-hard Maiden fan on the planet.

And yes, I can listen to The Number Of The Beast, anytime, anywhere.

[!--QuoteBegin-lichen+Aug 2 2005, 08:35 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(lichen @ Aug 2 2005, 08:35 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I last came here a couple years ago, and people were dissing maiden. Someone said Maiden isn't the end-all and be-all of metal. ... I heartily disagree.
[snapback]113902[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I think you misinterpreted the comments you read. Most people here would say that Maiden is their favorite band, but that the spectrum of metal is much wider and more diverse than just Maiden. I don't think anyone was 'dissing' Maiden; we were just advocating that people listen to other music, too.

I've been on this forum for a couple years, and I've only rarely seen geniune instances of Maiden getting 'dissed'. Furthermore, such statements are routinely contradicted in strong terms by the rest of us. If you had seen a genuine insult towards Maiden, you should also have seen a flame war break out.

Having said all that ... welcome! It's always good to see another Maiden fan from Denver around here. In fact, I think that makes 2 of us now. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

As far as your being "the most die-hard Maiden fan on the planet": don't even try to claim that. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Even if you're right, it's only going to start an unsolvable argument. There are a lot of insanely dedicated Maiden fans on this forum.

Well, maybe I had the wrong impression about the forum. But it is certain that nobody objected when I was told that Maiden isn't the end-all or be-all of metal.

I had come on to the forum to express my enthusiasm for BNW, which I had just bought. I said that there is no other band like Maiden, none that have the same sort of soul and spirit. And nobody appreciated what I was saying. I was dissapointed. [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

So I wandered off, and now I'm back.

Today I started my day with Tyranny of Souls, which replayed several times while I worked at fine woodsmithing in a large, expensive custom Swedish cope log home. I didn't really notice that it had been several hours. So I changed it to Bruce's Best. Then I played Powerslave, and we listened to that until it was time to leave, then my buddy played Seventh Son. We listened to that all the way home.

The other day, I asked him, at another house, if he ever gets tired of me playing Maiden all the time. He surprised me, saying no, I really like em too.

Occasionally, I decide to hear some other music, and I actually have a wide range of interests, and hundreds of albums. But for the most part, I am content to listen to Maiden all day long, every day. Of course, I really like Crube's solo stuff, too.

As for me not being the most hardcore Maiden fan in the world, I am glad to hear it

[!--QuoteBegin-kenninio+Apr 20 2005, 04:51 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(kenninio @ Apr 20 2005, 04:51 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]At last someone who doesn't diss SIT. CSIT is also a classic to add to them as is Dej Vu. 4 classics 1 album.
[snapback]102554[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Hold up there buddy! SIT has got to one of Maiden's most popular albums - I've never heard anyone dissing it before!!

(btw add The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, Stranger in A Strange Land and Alexander The Great to the classics list)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back