Can you still listen to TNOTB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd listen to NOFB, but not just for RTTH, I get bored of it after awhile.

I am 35 now

I listen to nofb every week since 1982 and I hope I will never stop

I've listened to NOTB probably every day for 8 years and I never get tired of the song!

Same for the other maiden classic such as Trooper and Hills

I still like the album version very much, yet most live versions suck... [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-agdabavipain+Mar 15 2005, 08:08 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(agdabavipain @ Mar 15 2005, 08:08 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]well
im feeling little bit bored hearing all the "old" stuff (1980-2003) except songs that are not "classics" in general
such as
- sun and steel
- deja-vu
- age of innocence
- only the good...
- fear is the key
etc
etc
[snapback]99865[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I todally agree. SOmewhere In Time somehow always seems fresh to me because Wasted Years and Heaven Can't Wait are really the only "classics".

Ruunnnn oooonnnn and oooonnn.... [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]does anybody else have a Maiden song that, at least for right now, they're tired of hearing? [/quote]

Because I listen to a purely-Maiden playlist any time I have music playing, which is most of the time, and have done for months, I'm pretty fed up of several songs. They seem to have lost that special thing that makes them classics...

The Trooper, Bring Your Daughter and Aces High (which I've heard three times already today) are all getting boring...

Yes [ 0 ] [0.00%]
No [ 12 ] [0.10%]
Maverick should stop messing with the polls [ 11640 ] [99.90%]

Jesus....Maverick seems to have taken over this poll

I love this album! every song is absolutely great! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Madness+Apr 7 2005, 01:02 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Madness @ Apr 7 2005, 01:02 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I todally agree. SOmewhere In Time somehow always seems fresh to me because Wasted Years and Heaven Can't Wait are really the only "classics".

Ruunnnn oooonnnn and oooonnn.... [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]101357[/snapback]​
[/quote]

At last someone who doesn't diss SIT. CSIT is also a classic to add to them as is Dej Vu. 4 classics 1 album.

I tire of the same Maiden stuff especially live. RTTH, Trooper NOTB Sanctuary. Classics through over playing. More still life, DWYBO, Revelations and 22 Accacia. Also 1st song 1st album, Prowler.

[!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think all my dreams would be fufilled if Maiden played To Tame A Land live! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yes of course I can. Today I found it on a jukebox in a pub. I was quite drunk before football. My friends were deligthed to hear it blaring out. Or not [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I did a good drunken air guitar though.

The best was a few months ago in Boston, we found a pub, got a few drinks in. My friends then checked the jukebox out and played a load of oasis much to my discgust. How boring. I then checked out the jukebox myself, nothing good. Realised the pub was full of chavs and so decided it'd be a chuckle to play cradle of filth. The reaction was worth the 50p entirely.

And thats the story of my life.

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+May 15 2005, 08:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ May 15 2005, 08:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Yes of course I can. Today I found it on a jukebox in a pub. I was quite drunk before football. My friends were deligthed to hear it blaring out. Or not [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I did a good drunken air guitar though.

The best was a few months ago in Boston, we found a pub, got a few drinks in. My friends then checked the jukebox out and played a load of oasis much to my discgust. How boring. I then checked out the jukebox myself, nothing good. Realised the pub was full of chavs and so decided it'd be a chuckle to play cradle of filth. The reaction was worth the 50p entirely.

And thats the story of my life.
[snapback]104668[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Boston Mass? Were you state side?

Boston, England my friend [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+May 16 2005, 01:48 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ May 16 2005, 01:48 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Boston, England my friend [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]104722[/snapback]​
[/quote]

"They're going to Austin, MA"
"You mean Boston?"
"Yeah, Boston..."
---from the movie Road Trip

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+May 17 2005, 02:19 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ May 17 2005, 02:19 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Tiny salmon swimming in the stream, Tiny salmon chasing that impossible dream
[snapback]104809[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Most people would say, "Hey, this is off topic!" But many people don't know that Road Trip is a huge allegory to the history of Maiden. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I love the album and the song. I never get tired of it. Even the song Gangland sounds cool now. I've been listening to that album since the 80's.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][The Trooper, Bring Your Daughter and Aces High (which I've heard three times already today) are all getting boring...][/quote]

My kid loves Aces High and RTTH and he has that kid thing where he buys an album and constantly plays 1 or 2 songs from it over and over. That's what he does when we're in the car with Maiden. I've become sick of both of those songs....

(....and if I have to listen to Interpol, Death Cab for Cutie, Modest Mouse, or the like too much more, I'm fearing a stroke or something....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back