Can you pass a simple test?

IronDuke

Ancient Mariner
The following test will determine your ability to think outside the box. The questions are not too difficult.

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
The correct answer is: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe and close the door.
This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.

2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Wrong Answer: Open the refrigerator, put in the elephant and close the refrigerator.
Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door.
This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your actions.

3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals
attend except one. Which animal does not attend?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Correct Answer: The Elephant. The Elephant is in the refrigerator. This tests your memory.
OK, even if you did not answer the first three questions correctly, you still have one more chance to show your abilities.

4. There is a river you must cross. But it is inhabited by crocodiles. How do you manage it?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Correct Answer: You swim across. All the Crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting.
This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.

I've seen figures that most lawyers, doctors, and white collar business people get these wrong, while small children tend to get them correct.

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-IronDuke+Jun 2 2005, 12:36 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Jun 2 2005, 12:36 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
I've seen figures that most lawyers, doctors, and white collar business people get these wrong, while small children tend to get them correct.

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]106943[/snapback]​
[/quote]
It could be because most adults (unless inflicted by some mental illness) know a giraffe doesn't fit in a refrigerator much less an elephant, that the Lion IS NOT the king of the jungle since it lives in the savanah, animals don't hold meetings etc. therefore I could care less if an innocent ignorant child gets these right and white collar businessmen don't. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It's an exercise in lateral thinking. It reminds me of an episode of Mythbusters I saw recently. They had to drop an egg from the top of a building without breaking it, using only some rubber gloves, an orange, some tape, some string, and some paper. One guy built a big protective shield. The other guy wrapped his egg up in string and tape and unwinded it till it was about 5 inches off the ground and dropped it then.

well i'm not quite an adult yet (only 17) but i still failed. Does that mean i'm not just an ignorant child, but a dumbass thru and thru ? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

For number one, I said "chop the giraffe into a bunch of pieces so it can fit inside of the refrigerator." That's the only way it can be done. Either that or that's one frickin' huge fridge.

Since the refridgerator's parameters have not been defined...it can be as big as you'd like it to be.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jun 4 2005, 02:15 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jun 4 2005, 02:15 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Since the refridgerator's parameters have not been defined...it can be as big as you'd like it to be.
[snapback]107392[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Actually, it can't. It has to be large enough to hold one giraffe or one elephant, but not both. Otherwise, it wouldn't be necessary to take out the giraffe in question 2.

Furthermore, question 4 is phrased badly. If you look up the word "inhabit" in a dictionary, one of the possible meanings is "to be present in". Therefore, if the river is inhabited by crocodiles, it is a valid interpretation to state that the crocs are still in the river.

However, the answer to question 4 is still right: just swim across. As long as you can swim faster than the crocs, you'll make it.

[!--QuoteBegin-StrangerInAStrangeLand+Jun 4 2005, 07:19 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(StrangerInAStrangeLand @ Jun 4 2005, 07:19 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]For number one, I said "chop the giraffe into a bunch of pieces so it can fit inside of the refrigerator." That's the only way it can be done. Either that or that's one frickin' huge fridge.
[snapback]107381[/snapback]​
[/quote]

That what i thought StrangerInAStrangeLand.

But it makes sence once i finished reading it.

This is complete tosh.....

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

Putting a Giraffe into a refirgerator....... You didn't mention a very very large refrigerator.....The following test will determine your ability to think outside the box. The questions are not too difficult.

2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

No one said that is was the same refrigerator as the Giraffe was in, the given answer just doesn't comprehend...

3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals
attend except one. Which animal does not attend?

I am not even going to try and explain how this answer is complete rubbish....

4. There is a river you must cross. But it is inhabited by crocodiles. How do you manage it?

Crocodiles!!!!! Animal meeting!!!!! I just used the bridge........

Of course small children answer these differently, adults know better than to give the childish answers...........

But then again....... I have been drinking

[!--QuoteBegin-fatstuff76+Jun 14 2005, 11:34 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(fatstuff76 @ Jun 14 2005, 11:34 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]But then again....... I have been drinking
[snapback]108615[/snapback]​
[/quote]
[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] I was waiting for that one

Back