Can Maiden inspire a profound change on a whole community system

Very cool article.  Thanks for posting.

Ironically, I discovered Iron Maiden while living in Saudi Arabia.  Yes, I know that sounds bizarre, but they were HUGE in the middle east in the 80s.  I remember walking into an electronics shop in Jeddah and seeing posters of eddie everywhere. The beauty of Maiden is that they united everyone, regardless of race or religiion....

...and they still do! 

But here we are doing our biggest tour ever of North America.
:wtf: Bruce, you might want to look at your tour dates for your World Slavery tour and compare them to the current tour.
Great article for sure though! People in Buenos Aires are insane too! Watch Megadeth's That One Night some time and you'll see what I mean.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
:wtf: Bruce, you might want to look at your tour dates for your World Slavery tour and compare them to the current tour.
Great article for sure though! People in Buenos Aires are insane too! Watch Megadeth's That One Night some time and you'll see what I mean.

Are they playing to more people though ?

I've kind of been wondering about why he keeps saying that.  On world slavery they sold out Madison Square Gardens like 5 nights in a row, that tour lasted a massive amount of time.

We're just wondering why he kept saying this is their biggest tour, when world slavery was massive, unless they're doing a massive second leg after the summer festivals...

infinitedreams7thson said:
We're just wondering why he kept saying this is their biggest tour, when world slavery was massive, unless they're doing a massive second leg after the summer festivals...

That has already been discussed HERE: http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=19376.0

Let's keep this thread about the article which personally I felt it rambled on about nothing in particular. One could insert any region, any race or country. It was more about Maiden than the Middle East and he made no mention as to what the Middle East has done to "do it themselves" regarding "a new system." Thanks for sharing the link, but personally I found the article pointless.

I think the key tone to this article it's an utopic idea, mostly a prediction using Maiden's mission to catapult a new mentality in some community, but it's something I can relate about it happening anywhere in the world, through the efforts of any ethinicity. It's not pointless, it depends on what's been read into it.

Well, aside from a fluffy message of hope it is pointless. In fact Ironic. It talks about how the middle east has always done things by other people's rules, whether colonialism or the IMF, and now it's saying that a BRITISH metal band is inspiring them to do things their own way? Um... that's still as outside an influence as was colonialism and the IMF. The fact it brings people together at concerts doesn't make it any different. And again, it doesn't really say anything except how much people love maiden. But it doesn't say HOW Maiden's supposed message (one also found in COUNTLESS bands like Edguy, Angra, Epica, Helloween to name but a few) has inspired or changed the community. Has anybody started their own business? Has some economist sincerely attempted a new system? Is revolution brewing in the streets? Nope, just... "oh people like maiden! like in lots of parts of the world! They like their songs!" Well no shit Sherlock.

What I DID like about the article is creating awareness of the area and more importantly showing the band and Metal in general in a VERY positive light. So I'm not ALL negativity :p

Onhell said:
That has already been discussed HERE: http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=19376.0

Let's keep this thread about the article which personally I felt it rambled on about nothing in particular. One could insert any region, any race or country. It was more about Maiden than the Middle East and he made no mention as to what the Middle East has done to "do it themselves" regarding "a new system." Thanks for sharing the link, but personally I found the article pointless.
That link says it's Maiden's most extensive tour in many years. In the article, Bruce says it's their biggest tour EVER of N.A. There's quite a difference. Also, me questioning Bruce is about the article because he said it IN the article. Maybe he means the biggest tour ever in terms of what it will cost as compared to 1984. With a multi-million dollar jet plane, the increased cost of gas and other things and all, that could really add up. But like others have said, it really doesn't matter.

Back