Camera at Maiden?

A

Anonymous

Calling anyone who is been to a maiden gig, esp. an indoor 1......can you or can you not take cameras and mobile phones to a maiden gig (an arena), cuz my friend said your not. If your not, whats the bst way to get 1 in there??? Smuggle it in in your sock? Help?!? [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The arrangers are not too happy if you bring a camera. (Maiden doesn't care)
However it's pretty easy to smuggle inside.
Mobile phones shouldn't be any problem.
Small cameras neither.
I suppose the search procedure might differ from venue to venue.
But they don't frisk you that thoroughly, in general.
Hide it smart and they won't find it.
Metal detectors might be a problem.
But I've never seen such equipment being used at a Maiden concert.
[!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hm... I guess it depends to the promoter.
I have been to 4 indoor and 1 outdoor gig.
Used a camera at 1 indoor gig. Such a small disposable camera which is wrapped into paper.
That might be OK.
Anyway, try it!
If you have to leave it outside the hall - what you've lost.
If not, you have to be in the first 5 rows to get good pictures - to be more far away sucks in any case (bad pictures + far away from action).

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

PS:
I have some pictures on my webpage I took from a Indoorgig in front row.
Find them on my page www.maidenaustria.at.tf in the "What's new?"-section, scrolling down a bit.... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

They will probably not mind. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Ok, thanks guys. I had no idea b4, but i'll try and get away with it. I'll definately check out your site Maidenaustria, cheers! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back