Bruce's voice defect in The Talisman intro

Hi,
I mean when Bruce says "Never to be seen" when that defect in his voice happens in word "seen" at about 01:56 .
What do you think about this?

I really think he sings like that on purpose. I mean, why would they keep that take if they were not pleased with how it sounded? I understand they lay down the vocal track separately, so it's just a matter of how many takes they want to do before they are pleased with the result. Considering that part is not in a vocal range that Bruce would struggle with, I'm sure they would have done it over again if it was not intentional.

Exactly.  I think that it is sort of 'raspy', but that 'segment' sounds like that to me.

Moonchild33 said:
I think you mean changing the tone (technical versatility I think?).

No, I meant what I said. I was referring to how he is mostly monotone throughout the intro and that's the one point where he raises the pitch of his voice, joking that the OP thought that was a mistake. Get it? ;)

There are vocal harmonies not defect, in this excerpt:

We run from evil tongues, rash judgements, selfish men
Never to be seen on these shores again
As we sail into oceansize and lose sight of land

Suicidehummer said:
No, I meant what I said. I was referring to how he is mostly monotone throughout the intro and that's the one point where he raises the pitch of his voice, joking that the OP thought that was a mistake. Get it? ;)
I didn't read the OP and I read through the thread and assumed you meant that. ;) My bad.

No I didn't say the pitch of his voice  :uhm: I mean there's some Hoarseness in his voice , like when you have a bad Cold and Sore throat!

This is where the misunderstanding starts:

Suicidehummer said:
I think it's called changing the pitch of your voice but somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

@SH: RealMaidenFan is talking about the line "never to be seen" - but as others have pointed out, it is more likely that Bruce simply wanted to sing the line this way. It is not difficult for a trained singer to add a little hoarseness to his voice.

Consider the 3 albums of the early 90s Bruce sang upon - Tattooed Millionaire, No Prayer For the Dying, and Fear of the Dark.

Eddies Wingman said:
This is where the misunderstanding starts:

@SH: RealMaidenFan is talking about the line "never to be seen" - but as others have pointed out, it is more likely that Bruce simply wanted to sing the line this way. It is not difficult for a trained singer to add a little hoarseness to his voice.

Again, I was being extremely sarcastic. Thought it was obvious.

Back