Bruce's Best Sung Lines

Paschendale's chorus sends shivers down my spine every time. Though I might advocate the entirety of Bruce's solo The Chemical Wedding. He really found his voice there.

The Brave New World album has a lot of amazing vocal moments.

"Rip the bones from my flesh"

"I will hope, my soul will fly. So I will live forever"

"Nomad, you're the rider so mysterious..."

Intro lines of all three

The Man Who Would Be King
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
For the Greater Good of God

I like the way of starting quietly towards strong end and cooldown outro. Classic Maiden model.

"Die with your boots on if you're gonna die trying to just stick around gonna cry"

You know, the one where he says the entire line in one note the last time chorus comes in. It's like an itch that you can't help but scratch, it's bloody annoying but just feels good for some reason.

"Slaave...to the power of DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!"

Is my favorite though.

Last edited:
"Run, live to fly, fly to live, aces high (high note)"

"I am a man who walks alone/And when I'm walking a dark road"

"The loneliness of the long distance runner"

Brighter Than A Thousand Suns : "Join the race to suicide / Listen for the tolling of the bell"
Paschendale : The final "Hoooooooome, far awaaaaaaay / From the waaaar, a chance to live again"

Those two moments give me shivers everytime.

Anyone mention Skunkworks yet?
- "...stood their ground and died" ("Born in '58" from Live At The Marquee)
- both occurences of "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change" ("Acoustic song" and "Innerspace")
- the whole "Accident of Birth" song.
- "the beams converge to guide me home" ("Chemical Wedding")
- "by the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes" ("The Book of Thel") (but that's cheating! :D )

His performance in The Alchemist (from The Chemical Wedding) is outstanding.

Especially the final chorus(es)... He sings his heart out.

Don't try and blame me for your games
Your games are death
My world is light, the angels fill my eyes
With every breath

Shivers. Every time.

- "...stood their ground and died" ("Born in '58" from Live At The Marquee)
- both occurences of "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change" ("Acoustic song" and "Innerspace")
- the whole "Accident of Birth" song.
- "the beams converge to guide me home" ("Chemical Wedding")
- "by the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes" ("The Book of Thel") (but that's cheating! :D )

“The beams converge...” is indeed nice.

From Skunkworks, as this one tends to get overlooked:
“like father like son your bones it lives on glowing shadows” Back from the Edge
“a ragged pile of silent accusers smell the blood of strangers here” Inertia
“I've slept with many strangers so fission fusion fission makes good sense” Solar Confinement
“you're stuck with the life you made, stuck with the plans you made, stuck with everything you are” Meltdown
“dislocated jagged pieces are sliding into this broken mind” Octavia
“brighter than sunshine for all of our life times 1000 stars turned day into night at the end” Strange Death (Brighter than a 1000 Suns stems from here).

I've always liked Accident of Birth's opening lines. He manages to make them sound appropriately chilling and sinister. But then again I really love that song as a whole so it's kind of hard to just pick a portion of the song to highlight.

Back