Bruce working on a new solo album

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
I know this was posted in the other thread, but it's so amazing and unexpected that it deserves its own thread. All I can say is HELL FUCKING YES!!!

From: http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2015-12-08/bruce-dickinson-working-on-solo-album
Exclusive: Maiden frontman tells Classic Rock he's halfway through writing process
Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson is working on what will be his seventh solo album.

The vocalist tells Classic Rock he has about "half an album" written and that he plans to warm up for Maiden's 2016 world tour rehearsals by working on more of his own material.

And he reveals that If Eternity Should Fail, from current Maiden album The Book Of Souls, was originally penned with his solo album in mind.

Dickinson says: "I’m looking forward to getting stuck into some sensible rehearsals. I may even sneak off and do some solo songwriting because I’ve got half of an album on the blocks.

"If Eternity Should Fail was originally intended as one of its tracks. But it could be a cool, relatively unchallenging way of pre-warming up the voice before I go into Maiden rehearsals. So making some noise that way first could be a possibility."

Dickinson's most recent solo effort was 2005's Tyranny Of Souls.

The Book Of Souls was named Album Of The Year at last month's Classic Rock Roll Of Honour. Next year's world tour – which includes a headline slot at Download – will see the band travel on a new-and-improved Ed Force One, piloted by Dickinson.

Dickinson features in issue 2018 of Classic Rock magazine, out now in print, digital and via TeamRock+.

'For a 2016 release'? There's no mention of that. Bruce has already been talking about writing the album months ago, so this news is not as big.

OK, I fixed the title. And I didn't know this was old news. But I feel it needs a thread since a lot of members on here might not know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back