Bruce to join Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull for a Christmas show!

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
IRON MAIDEN's Bruce Dickinson will join JETHRO TULL frontman Ian Anderson and Justin Hayward of the MOODY BLUES on Saturday, December 10 for what is being billed as "Canterbury Rocks At Christmas" in the nave at the famed Canterbury Cathedral in Kent, England in support of The Canterbury Gift, which raises money for renovation work on the cathedral.

Last year Ian Anderson and friends performed a Christmas show with special guest Greg Lake, and it was a resounding success, and this year, Dickinson has been invited to perform along with Hayward.

The 900-year-old Canterbury Cathedral, which is said to be one of the most important sites in Britain's Christian heritage, remains in need of urgent repairs, particularly to its 235-foot-high central tower, known as Bell Harry tower, its medieval stained glass windows, and its 19th-century lead roof tiles. More than £10 million has been raised in recent years but another £3 million a year must be found over the next decade.

Having spent over forty successful years in the rock industry, Ian Anderson is the frontman, flautist and voice of the legendary band JETHRO TULL, who have some 30-odd albums to their credit and sales worldwide totaling more than 60 million.

Considered widely as the man who introduced the flute to rock music, Anderson has also received recognition as an accomplished solo artist with four diverse albums under his belt along with acoustic and orchestral concerts throughout the world.

Speaking about why he had chosen to play last year's Christmas gig, Ian Anderson spoke of the importance of supporting Canterbury Cathedral. "If our generation and the future generations don't do it, then it will be lost," he said. "There is a real parallel regarding the preservation of our great buildings, and the greater sense of conserving our world. We need a huge change of thinking about the stewardship of our planet and all it contains, both natural and man-made.

"Canterbury Cathedral is a place for life today. But it is also a place for the future and, whether you are a Christian or not, it is a place which should remain forever close to our hearts

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=162546

That should be very interesting for sure!

Re: Bruce to join Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull for a date!

That is interesting. Maybe he will sing Cross Eyed Mary?

Cool combination. And a funny coincidence because right now I am getting into Tull so much.

Mosh said:
That is interesting. Maybe he will sing Cross Eyed Mary?

Could be indeed!

Well if he does that will be very interesting to see. Those were some pretty high notes.

Very cool,  cannot wait to see clips of this.  Jethro Tull is one of my top 10 bands

Bruce to join Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull for a date

They'd make a sweet couple, don't you think?  :halo:

The two of can be very witty and sharp in their comments. Love to see them discussing various topics.

Christmas show, eh? If Bruce starts warbling Christmas carols, it'll be the beginning of the end...

taker64 said:
Christmas show, eh? If Bruce starts warbling Christmas carols, it'll be the beginning of the end...

If they'd have wanted christmas carols they'd have invited Rob "crimble" Halford.

Travis The Dragon said:
Looks like it won't be Cross Eyed Mary. See my original post for an update. Still will be sweet though!

I must be blind or dumb but I can't deduce that from your post.

Back