Bruce managed to create 2 more classics!

Cosmiceddie

Back From The Edge
Well, here they are, two new Dickinson classics.I'm talking 'bout 'Navigate the Seas of the Son' and 'Kill Devil Hill', to me te best songs off the new album.

Whenever I listen to 'Navigate the Seas of the Sun' I experience some nice shivers navigating down my spine especially at the very beginning of the song when Bruce starts to sing.Yes, we've known that long ago, he doesn't necessarily need to use only those famous high note singing.There's so much depth in his voice when using it in a 'calm and low' way.(see 'Acoustic song').

As for 'Kill Devil Hill' I must say the songwriting is just brilliant.Here Bruce proves that there's no need of repeating a stunning chorus endlessly.And the great surprise is that after expecting another verse/chorus there appears that calm, amazing outro that would have perfectly been an album closer.'Kill Devil Hill' has everything a classic Bruce song needs. [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Cosmiceddie+May 25 2005, 06:13 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cosmiceddie @ May 25 2005, 06:13 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Well, here they are, two new Dickinson classics.I'm talking 'bout 'Navigate the Seas of the Son' and 'Kill Devil Hill', to me te best songs off the new album.

Whenever I listen to 'Navigate the Seas of the Sun' I experience some nice shivers navigating down my spine especially at the very beginning of the song when Bruce starts to sing.Yes, we've known that long ago, he doesn't necessarily need to use only those famous high note singing.There's so much depth in his voice when using it in a 'calm and low' way.(see 'Acoustic song').

As for 'Kill Devil Hill' I must say the songwriting is just brilliant.Here Bruce proves that there's no need of repeating a stunning chorus endlessly.And the great surprise is that after expecting another verse/chorus there appears that calm, amazing outro that would have perfectly been an album closer.'Kill Devil Hill' has everything a classic Bruce song needs.  [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]105521[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Well said! Kill Devil hill i think is my fav. tune of the new album. Perfect all round with an amazing chorus! And wonderfully calm and relaxing end. Perfect!

I decided to download only one song from the album before it came out. Devil on a Hog, i think thats one of my favorites.
A
guy in my class at school hates maiden. so i showed him Change of Heart for some months ago, then i showed him Navigate the Seas of the Sun, and he liked that more. now he has respect for bruce [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'Devil on a Hog'? [!--emo&:puke:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/pukeface.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'pukeface.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

see, i wish i could buy this cd, but the only place to buy music in my crappy locale is Wal-Mart, which i refuse to set foot in, because its the downfall of western society.

Back