Bruce Disapproves oF WTWWB?

Where Eagles Dare said:
It seems like every concert Bruce Changes the lyrics of WTWWB... Why  :mad:

I think he just forgets. He is getting on a bit in years ;)

Seriously though, if you look at him while he sings it you can see he's totally into it.

its my girlfriends favourite song and she didnt take too kindly to him altering the lyrics but he still kicked ass... i dont think its anything to give much thought to, he does have like a bazillion lyrics floating round in his head with the more recent only having more difficult structure.
take talisman, i never managed to sing along with it... should i be screaming westward the tide or going into another story section. hmmm, nevermind WEESSTWWAARD... oh crap  :blush:

Tron said:
its my girlfriends favourite song and she didnt take too kindly to him altering the lyrics but he still kicked ass... i dont think its anything to give much thought to, he does have like a bazillion lyrics floating round in his head with the more recent only having more difficult structure.
take talisman, i never managed to sing along with it... should i be screaming westward the tide or going into another story section. hmmm, nevermind WEESSTWWAARD... oh crap  :blush:

:D indeed.

See: Brave New World, Rock in Rio. A song Bruce wrote and adores. And he fucks up the lyrics.

There is hardly a recording of the Dance of Death tour where Bruce gets the lyrics to Lord of the Flies right. Also, I have caught Bruce on occasion when the band performed Hallowed where he sang the lyrics to himself before singing them out loud in the mike (don't bother checking a live video, they always have the cameras on the rest of the band at that time). Hardly a surprise to me, I always get the verses mixed up myself.

I can sing along to songs fine.. when I'm singing along to it, but try make me just sing the words on their own or without the real vocals in the background and for some reason I always get them in the wrong order  :huh:

There is a recording out there somewhere of the DoD tour, with Bruce singing "I was rambling, enjoying the bright moonlight, gazing up Nicko's nose. Not aware of a presence, so near to me, taking big flash photos!"

Infact... http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen ... nline.html Oh would you look at what site that links to  :innocent:

There are lots of instances of him changing the lyrics, quite a few artists do.... Bon Scott famously used to change the lyrics to The Jack every night, infact if you check the live recordings you'll notice that whilst they all have the same lyrics, they are totally different to the album version (but still fit).

Can't say I've ever noticed the BNW or LOTF lyrics but then I'm generally too caught up  :ok:

What does Bruce change the lyrics to in 'When the Wild Winds Blow'? I didn't notice this either time I saw them in July.

Perun said:
Hardly a surprise to me, I always get the verses mixed up myself.
I always forget if the lyrics are "If there's a god, why has he let me die?" or "If there's a God, why has he let me go?"  :huh:

Black Wizard said:
I always forget if the lyrics are "If there's a god, why has he let me die?" or "If there's a God, why has he let me go?"  :huh:

go.

It varies between performances, but he sometimes substitues other words into particular phrases and sometimes occasionally uses a line from a different verse at the wrong point, he seems to ad-lib the lyrics a bit as well! Nevertheless this didn't really bother me and I felt that When The Wild Wind Blows was one of the most spectacular and atmospheric songs at the show I went to.

Doesn't surprise me really as it's one of the wordiest Maiden songs they've done live. 

Man, what a great song!

For all of you clamoring for Alexander the Great, just imagine what he'd do with those lyrics.

I bet the Phrygian king would have difficulty binding a chariot yoke, if you know what I mean.

Black Wizard said:
" or "If there's a God, why has he let me go?"  :huh:

This is one of the few lines that stumps me... Im so glad someone else has this problem because I have heard this song easily a thousand times and always question what Im saying,

Another one I do often is 2MTM I always forget whether its fame or pain

This sort of thing is kinda common. A lot of times artists get bored playing the same songs day in and day out so they change them up a little. Bob Dylan did it a LOT the last time I say him. Some of his songs were unrecognizeable.

You know, Bruce is too smart to forget the lyrics every night. Either he had a talk with Steve and they changed it because he finds some lyrics easier to roll out than others, or, more likely, he does it to tweak Steve's ear a bit. See if he's paying attention. Cheese him off a little.

Blaze allegedly had a lot of problems with memorizing lyrics, including the songs from his solo career.

Back