Bruce Dickinson

On the one hand, I agree with you. On the other, it could be an interesting experience to see him unleash his inner John Cleese.

He might be after hosting his own show on GB News. :lol:
Haha, don't! I can see Jeremy Clarkson ending up on there soon. Seems to end up being the default place for boomers who end up getting 'cancelled'

38d02439-2e43-480d-90cc-357dd33e7015-jpeg.24496
Any doctor that diagnoses this condition is obviously a quack!

maybe people who look like 'very fat gentlemen' can't be non-binary? God knows
Anyone know the correlation between "non-binary" and "very fat gentlemen"?

I believe he meant to say that we cannot include every single case of self -defined gender, same as we usually do not provide chairs for very fat gentlemen. I thought it was quite obvious.

In his view, there was no chair for a very fat gentleman.

Anyone know the correlation between "non-binary" and "very fat gentlemen"?
It’s a complex topic with limited data, since non-binary identification is a fairly recently popularized phenomenon in the western world; but there is good data showing that biological females who identify as gay or bisexual are significantly more likely to be obese than straight females or biological men of any identity, and bisexual males are slightly more likely to be obese than males of other persuasions. (Source 1, Source 2) Non-binary people could potentially fall into any of those categories, but are more likely to land in the bisexual one if they see their own gender as fluid.

Given that a non-binary person is less likely to present themselves in a traditionally feminine way, and more likely than average to be obese, you can probably see where the “very fat gentleman” connection could be made to someone who doesn’t know their identification. It’s crass and reductive, but not totally baseless.

I believe he meant to say that we cannot include every single case of self -defined gender, same as we usually do not provide chairs for very fat gentlemen. I thought it was quite obvious.
That's the neat thing about non-binary though: It includes every gender that doesn't align with the bimodal expressions "male" or "female". You don't need a name for every possible expression of the spectrum, non-binary covers that already.

It’s a complex topic with limited data, since non-binary identification is a fairly recently popularized phenomenon in the western world; but there is good data showing that biological females who identify as gay or bisexual are significantly more likely to be obese than straight females or biological men of any identity, and bisexual males are slightly more likely to be obese than males of other persuasions. (Source 1, Source 2) Non-binary people could potentially fall into any of those categories, but are more likely to land in the bisexual one if they see their own gender as fluid.

Given that a non-binary person is less likely to present themselves in a traditionally feminine way, and more likely than average to be obese, you can probably see where the “very fat gentleman” connection could be made to someone who doesn’t know their identification. It’s crass and reductive, but not totally baseless.

Gay or bisexual are sexual orientations. Being non-binary is a gender expression. While I get your point, I don't think the data fits the parameters in this case. We simply don't have much data as far as non-binary individuals are concerned, to draw such conclusions.

Funnily enough in the non western world the concept of a third gender has been part of some cultures for centuries. Some examples include the hijras, the two-spirit people, the Māhū.

Last edited:
That's the neat thing about non-binary though: It includes every gender that doesn't align with the bimodal expressions "male" or "female". You don't need a name for every possible expression of the spectrum, non-binary covers that already.

Yeap I used intentionally the plural (as of every single case) as I don’t think that makes any difference to Bruce. A third gender or more. There’s no chair for very fat gentlemen either way.

There was no connection. I just wrote that down one after the other.
The chair thing came up because he saw someone standing, first said there's a chair for everyone, only to correct himself, no, not for you, you're too fat.
:facepalm:
Man, Bruce is such a prick sometimes. Increasingly so in public anyway, for the past 10 years or so.

I suppose Bruce might be self-conscious again, considering how he has somewhat recently wailed on about thin-haired gents, his majestic long hair in the next breath, while very clearly having a bald spot himself. Not that there's anything wrong with spots or a receding hair-line (mine has definitely traveled upwards in the past 10 years), but don't go and pin your insecurities on everybody else from the stage.

Could have been an attempt of a joke in his mind, albeit a poor one in this day and age. Can't come across as body shaming anyone anymore. Not even sure if comedians can get away with saying anything like that now. Though I'm fat and would have laughed if he directed that at me. Bruce does tend to say things that just fall flat and/or sticks a foot in his mouth.

Man, Bruce is such a prick sometimes. Increasingly so in public anyway, for the past 10 years or so.

I suppose Bruce might be self-conscious again, considering how he has somewhat recently wailed on about thin-haired gents, his majestic long hair in the next breath, while very clearly having a bald spot himself. Not that there's anything wrong with spots or a receding hair-line (mine has definitely traveled upwards in the past 10 years), but don't go and pin your insecurities on everybody else from the stage.

1675610762562.gif

Was anyone at Bruce Dickinson's spoken word event at Cirkus (funnily enough, the venue Iron Maiden played at in 1995) in Stockholm on Sunday? According to an Iron Maiden FC member, Bruce confirmed there will be a new album, and that he is still working with Roy Z.
Lilla Cirkus is not the venue Iron Maiden played in 1995. Lilla Cirkus was built in 2015, close to the Cirkus venue in which Maiden played in 1995!

Last edited:
Back