Bruce Dickinson

Last 3 or 4 songs are where it's at!

Shame about the 90s song names as I can never remember which is which bar Strange Death in Paradise.

The best songs in Skunkworks are ''Innerspace'' and ''Inertia'' imo..., (''Solar Confinement'' has great verses).

Is it just me or ''Strange Death In Paradise'' has a TOS (the song) vibe in it.

Skunkworks is totally too often overlooked and forgotten album in Bruce's catalogue. I know, because nobody mentions it and so.
I've always liked it and it was pleasant to listen when it came out. Sure it was different but every aspect and release from Bruce tends to have little different flavor.
I don't have any sort of problem or issue with any of Bruce's albums, I think they are all just really awesome and each have meaning for me.
Anyways, off to do some stuff here and later on I will listen to Skunkworks (which I feel should far more often visit my player).
I might aswell comment some songs and tell you my favorites..

That's not mainstream, it's what your grandad listens to on a Sunday morning

But Bruce is a granddad, isn't he? I guess it makes sense to try and sell some tickets for the book tour to that kind of audience (by now all Maiden fans interested in going would have already got theirs).

I'm not disputing that, just Maiden being considered part of an easy listening selection :p

It's been a while since they were considered an evil influence to the youth. :lol: The people who think they are devil worshippers are probably all watching GB News these days. ;)

What would you say at this point, what is the probability of Bruce releasing his solo album in the next couple years?
He's talked and mentioned it, but so far nothing has come out it. Hope that the album will someday be released though.

What would you say at this point, what is the probability of Bruce releasing his solo album in the next couple years?
He's talked and mentioned it, but so far nothing has come out it.
He had a lot of time to finish it during these times without tours, but maybe he was busy with Maiden. He will find time, if he really wants.
17 songs just sitting.... Roy must have heard the album million times already. What a lucky guy! :p

I'm starting to think that maybe he will release it after Maiden are done. Then he can go on tour for it (to wrap his solo career too).

He's talked and mentioned it, but so far nothing has come out it. Hope that the album will someday be released though.
Slim to none. He probably canibalised material for Maiden albums

Slim to none. He probably canibalised material for Maiden albums
I don't think the chances are slim to none, but then again, he is finishing it since 2013...

He probably used some ideas (or a whole song again) for Maiden, especially if the new album has a lot of input from him, but even with that in mind, he has enough songs (17!) for an album. During his many book tours he says that for sure there will be a new solo album, so let's see.

Back