Bruce Dickinson

Is that on the vinyl version in the Brucey Brucey Boxy Brucey Boxset? If so I will read these words.
Those notes are on the 2005 2CD releases and if I recall correctly, they used the same notes in the vinyl re-releases too, so yeah, it should be there. I'm not 100% sure if those remarks about Skunkworks era were on the Skunkworks or AoB booklet, but yeah, he dropped that brief mention of finding his range again somewhere.

Bruce has been made an Honourary Group Captain in the Royal Air Force.

This means he might be part of the RAF fencing competition this year, which is another non-music thing for him to do.

The dates of the competition mentioned in that article clash with some of his musical commitments, so I think it is highly unlikely he will be taking part in any of those competitions this year.

Well, the man is now a doctor without actually graduating; a captain without actually having been a soldier... What's next? We know for sure that he actually likes the honors.

:funnypost:

To be fair to him, he was in the TA before going to University and at least went to University in a time when that was relatively rare. There are too many musicians (Iommi, Page, Rodgers) being awarded honorary doctorates and the closer they have ever been to a University was to play a gig at the Students' Union. :lol:

Well, the man is now a doctor without actually graduating; a captain without actually having been a soldier... What's next? We know for sure that he actually likes the honors.
Actually that's not quite correct - he did graduate with a 2.2 for his first degree which was in history (but his honorary doctorate was in music) and has spent some time in the TA (although I don't think he was ever anywhere near the RAF).

But for the rest, yeah it does certainly seem that way at times :confused:

He also did graduate with the Honourary Doctorate, he just didn't have to write a thesis for it. I wonder if Bruce did a PhD if the thesis would read anything like his book...

Back