3.) Rain on the Graves - 5/10
4.) Resurrection Men - 7/10
5.) Finger in the Wounds - 7/10
6.) Eternity has Failed - 7.5/10
7.) Mistress of Mercy - 8.5/10
8.) Face in the Mirror. 7/10
9.) Shadow of the Gods - 8.5/10
10.) Sonata (Immortal Beloved) - 9.5/10

Shadow would’ve been a 9.5 if it wasn’t for the “This your life, world of the dead” section. The riff starting amazing but this section in particular just goes off balance.

Last edited:

Most challenging songs for Bruce live:

• Aces High for Maiden - ''Trust me, when I was 26, it was equally challenging. I always said, "If we're going to do 'Aces High,' can we put it towards the front of the set please.''
  • he kind of mentioned Darkside Of Aquarius and Book Of Thel for his solo stuff - ''Solo-wise, I don't know. Because I wrote the vocal parts, I'm pretty comfortable with it all. It's not that the songs are necessarily difficult to sing. I think if you've got a good, decent sound, and decent monitors, then you can pretty much pull off all the solo catalog. If you've got crappy sound, you've got to be a little careful when you start doing things like 'Darkside Of Aquarius' and 'Book Of Thel' so you don't blow your voice out if you're not getting all the required feedback from the monitors."

I agree with Bruce. And there are other challenging songs in his solo works, especially some of the high choruses.

Yep, it's out there in the usual places..
I won't spoil this by listening the leak, so I will wait when I have my album here.
Strange things that some albums don't get leaked while most of them still do..I wonder who leaked Bruce's new album?

The "world of the dead" aggressive part in Shadow Of The Gods is fantastic. Y'all are weird :p

Yep, it's out there in the usual places..
I won't spoil this by listening the leak, so I will wait when I have my album here.
Strange things that some albums don't get leaked while most of them still do..I wonder who leaked Bruce's new album?
Sharon Osbourne :ninja:

The "world of the dead" aggressive part in Shadow Of The Gods is fantastic.
Not only that, but I think it was a much needed part/inclusion for the album.

Speaking of heavy parts, I like it, but now I think Afterglow Of Ragnarok's chorus should have been its outro vocals (with probably fast drumming) to make a (surprising) contrast to the other songs on the album. And overall, only 3/4 songs are heavier in approach.

Face in the Mirror 2022? My guess is 2014
Bruce said he wrote in 2022 in one of his podcasts, but the vocals could very well be from 2014. He sounds so good.

Edit: I seem to recall in one of the many interviews that Bruce mentioned that he wasn't sure if he should include Face In The Mirror on the album, but then Roy heard it, rearranged it and really wanted it on the album.

Last edited:
Well I will say the album doesn’t sound like anything from the past. Well maybe Mistress of Mercy has a few vibes from past songs (don’t wanna spoil it). But otherwise it’s a very different album. Only for people open to change & not traditional metal.

Well I will say the album doesn’t sound like anything from the past. Well maybe Mistress of Mercy has a few vibes from past songs (don’t wanna spoil it). But otherwise it’s a very different album. Only for people open to change & not traditional metal.
I definitely agree. Although some songs can be linked in some way to past albums (Ragnarok, Many Doors, Eternity, Mistress and Face In The Mirror).

Btw, such dark titles as Many Doors To Hell, Rain On The Graves, Fingers In The Wounds, even Resurrection Men and the music is not. Atypical of his solo discography.

If you'll go into this album with the expectation that it'll be anywhere close to the styles of AOB, TCW or TOS, you'll be severely disappointed.
If you'll go into this album expecting carefully thought out compositions that were worked on for almost a decade, you'll likely be disappointed as well. TMP is more along the lines of BTP, where it's a loose collection of songs and ideas, not an album with a clear identity like TM, Skunkworks or the metal trio, despite there being a unifying concept between some of the songs and the comics.

My general issue with the album isn't that it's different; I live for different music. My issue is that it feels like a glorified demo instead of a high-quality commercial release by one of my favorite vocalists and an otherwise fantastic songwriter.

A review by Dom Lawson, a longtime Maiden fan who even got to write the text for the A Matter of Life and Death tour programme whilst working for Metal Hammer and Classic Rock. It was easy to spot it was from him: unnecessary swearing, hyperbolic statements, brown-nosing… I am really surprised he did not give the album an 11/10!

Last edited:
So most people chatting about individual songs and how they are listening to the album have all downloaded an illegal leak as surely we don’t have that many so called ‘journalists’ who have secured a review copy.

Really don’t know why people do this as the official release is just a few days away. Learn some patience and stop feeding the pirates.

Everyone bangs on about streaming killing music but piracy has done way more to kill record sales over a much longer time than streaming services.

Back