Bruce Dickinson Survivor finished: Final report

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Book Of Thel

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Darkside Of Aquarius

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor: Chemical Wedding round 4 (Sep 19-21)

Yep. This certainly remembers me of what he did in The Prisoner.

By the way, I am quite amazed that people vote for Darkside (and Book of Thel)! These songs are probably the ones Bruce himself is most proud of when looking at those particular albums. I remember he once said that Maiden had Hallowed, and he had Darkside. And Book of Thel is at least as grand and epic. I love the groove and riffs in this one. I bet the majority of his fanbase would agree. But hey, I should remember these are individual choices which should be respected. This is sideline commentary. Expect some more later on. ;-)

I'll go for Road to Hell, Arc of Space and (after playing 3 other CW-songs in a row, and a couple of doubts): The Alchemist.

Most other Bruce songs which are left I find intruiging from the beginning till the end but when I listen to The Alchemist I especially like the first 3 and a half minutes (The Stargazer solo-part included). After that I am less fond of the Chemical-Wedding-revisited part. It works on the album, but this poll is about seperate songs, and I'll never find it as strong as the title track itself.

Since we're on the ranting mode,  WHY ON EARTH VOTE FOR ARC OF SPACE????????????  It's one of the most beautiful ballads of all time.  Better than tears of the dragon for me at least (although very close).

I agree that it is a very nice song. Beautiful chorus with that double vocal. But Bruce is one of my 5 favourite artists and I love many of his songs...

I still can't vote...i could vote maybe for Man Of Sorrows, but there's a certain guitarist pulling a certain solo on that song...

Sneaky-> I decided to always vote for three songs, no matter what. And I have to say that I love each and every other song left more than Road to Hell, Arc of Space and Omega. Sorry. Yes, even Tears of the Dragon.

As for Darkside and Book of Thel, I agree with Forostar, they are amongst the few most brilliant songs Bruce (and Roy Z) ever wrote. They get even better live - which is not the case with Tears of the Dragon, IMO.

BTW - anyone here ever been to a Bruce concert? I went to 8 Maiden shows, would trade half of those just to witness one of Bruce's (preferrably with the AoB/CW lineup). :D

Went Road to Hell, King in Crimson and Gates of Urizen.

gulranek said:
BTW - anyone here ever been to a Bruce concert? I went to 8 Maiden shows, would trade half of those just to witness one of Bruce's (preferrably with the AoB/CW lineup). :D

Yes. Two times.
1. Skunkworks in 1996. They actually opened for Helloween, first I thought it could have been the other way around, so I was kind of surprised when suddenly Bruce and his gang came on.
2. Chemical Wedding tour 1998. First time I ever saw Adrian Smith! Roy Z didn't do that European tour because of other obligations. His replacement was quite good though. Very memorable show, strong setlist. If I remember well, Adrian did the solo in Tears of the Dragon.

In King in Crimson, my two favourite guitar solos from that album are featured. Both Z and H really deliver goosebumps! Awesome stuff.

Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor: Chemical Wedding round 5 (Sep 21-23)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in first post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

"Winner" of round 4.4: Road To Hell :(
Round 4.5 has now begun.

Eliminated:
11. ?
12. ?
13. ?
14. ?
15. Road To Hell
16. Starchildren
17. Machine Men
18 (tie). Cyclops
18 (tie). Taking The Queen
18 (tie). Killing Floor

Gates Of Urizen, Trumpets Of Jericho, Man Of Sorrows ... again ...

Arc of Space, The Alchemist, Jerusalem

Man of Sorrows, Omega, Arc of Space.

Forostar said:
Arc of Space, The Alchemist, Jerusalem

:O:O:O

So you're the other crazy person voting for Jerusalem, Forostar. *sighs*

Darkside of Aquarius, Gates of Urizen, Trumpets of Jericho

Man Of Sorrows ???  :down:

Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor: Chemical Wedding round 6 (Sep 23-25)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in first post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

"Winners" of round 4.5: Arc Of Space, Trumpets Of Jericho
Round 4.6 has now begun.

Eliminated:
11. ?
12. ?
13 (tie). Arc Of Space
13 (tie). Trumpets Of Jericho
15. Road To Hell
16. Starchildren
17. Machine Men
18 (tie). Cyclops
18 (tie). Taking The Queen
18 (tie). Killing Floor

Gates Of Urizen, Man Of Sorrows, The Alchemist

Road To Hell is gone ?? Damn!

The only song I could vote was Alchemist

The Alchemist, King in Crimson, Gates of Urizen.

Sorry. I like all other songs better (apart from the other two I voted for in this round).

Man of Sorrows, Omega, The Alchemist. Man, when is this agony going to end? :D We need to kill two more songs before we get to Tyranny of Souls...

Back