Bruce Dickinson Survivor finished: Final report

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Book Of Thel

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Darkside Of Aquarius

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor, series 2: Skunkworks round 9 (Aug 26-28)

Inertia, Meltdown, Innerspace. Oh goody, we're getting close to a new album...

Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor, series 2: Skunkworks round 9 (Aug 26-28)

58, Space Race, Meltdown. We should've gotten rid of Meltdown together with Faith, it's gonna get voted off anyway now.

Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor, series 2: Skunkworks round 10 (Aug 28-30)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in first post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

This is a tiebreaker round.
One of the above songs must be eliminated; the other moves on to Series 3.
In the event of a tie, "1000 Points Of Light" will be eliminated.

Guaranteed passage to the next series:
Tattooed Millionaire, Born In '58, Cyclops, Laughing In The Hiding Bush, Tears Of The Dragon, Space Race, Back From The Edge, Inertia, Innerspace

Die, 1000 Points Of Light!

Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor, series 2: Skunkworks round 10 (Aug 28-30)

Gah! I clicked the wrong one! I meant to vote for 1000 Points of Light!

Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor, series 3: Accident Of Birth round 1 (Aug 30 - Sep 1)

Rules are in first post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

"Winner" of the tiebreaker: 1000 Points Of Light
Accident Of Birth has joined the battle; Round 3.1 has now begun.

Eliminated:
11. 1000 Points Of Light
12. Faith
13. Dreamstate
14. Inside The Machine
15. Strange Death In Paradise
16 (tie). Son Of A Gun
16 (tie). Change Of Heart
16 (tie). Sacred Cowboys
19 (tie). Solar Confinement
19 (tie). I Will Not Accept The Truth
21. Headswitch
22 (tie). Hell No
22 (tie). Octavia

Tattooed Millionaire, Laughing In The Hiding Bush, Toltec 7 Arrival

Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor, series 3: Accident Of Birth round 1 (Aug 30 - Sep 1)

Meltdown, Toltec (you shouldn't have even included it, SMX ;)), Welcome to the Pit.

Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor, series 3: Accident Of Birth round 1 (Aug 30 - Sep

T7A, Edge, Pit

People, people. We need to get rid of all unnecessary Bruce songs, before we start on the later material. That is why I continue my campaign against Skunkworks before even touching Accident of Birth.

Natalie said:
People, people. We need to get rid of all unnecessary Bruce songs, before we start on the later material. That is why I continue my campaign against Skunkworks before even touching Accident of Birth.
Come on Toltec is meaningless.  And personally I don't think Skunkworks is such a bad album.  A few songs are excellent there.  Tattooed Millionaire is worse for me.

Toltec is a nice intro, but most people find an intro too short to value over a full song, unless that song is really crap.

Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor, series 3: Accident Of Birth round 2 (Sep 1-3)

"Winner" of round 3.1: Toltec 7 Arrival
Round 3.2 has now begun.

Eliminated:
11. ?
12. ?
13. ?
14. ?
15. ?
16. ?
17. ?
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
21. ?
22. Toltec 7 Arrival

Tattooed Millionaire, Laughing In The Hiding Bush, Meltdown

@SMX, I see that Ghost of Cain is included. That's a b-side from one of the Accident of Birth singles.

Bruce had many b-sides but in the Balls to Picasso era we can find two fantastic b-sides which can be seen as stronger songs than the average Balls to Picasso album track (and imo they belong to the top of his work):

The Breeding House
No Way Out ... To Be Continued

Both are featured on the Tears of the Dragon single.

Can these also be included? If not, shall we then be consequent and leave out all b-sides, thus Cain?

Thanks for your attention.

My votes go to Welcome to the Pit, The Magician and Inertia.

58, Meltdown, Pit.

According to All Music Guide, it's on the album:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:kbfyxqyhldje

That's the site I've always used as a reference, but further research indicates you're right. So I'll take it out of there.

For reference:
I plan to do a round of b-sides etc. after Chemical Wedding (since that's when Bruce's Best Of disc came out). So Cain will come back then.

SinisterMinisterX said:
According to All Music Guide, it's on the album:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:kbfyxqyhldje

It probably was the Japanese bonus track.

SinisterMinisterX said:
That's the site I've always used as a reference, but further research indicates you're right. So I'll take it out of there.

Thanks.

SinisterMinisterX said:
For reference:
I plan to do a round of b-sides etc. after Chemical Wedding (since that's when Bruce's Best Of disc came out). So Cain will come back then.

Also (some of) the other b-sides? Especially the ones I mentioned are really good, even if they are not on Bruce's best of. Anyway, I think it'd be cool if the two I mentioned would also come back. Thanks for consideration.

No Way Out ... To Be Continued is on disc 2 of the 2-disc version of Bruce's Best Of.

As to which others will make it:
Shadow once gave me a list of all Bruce's non-album tracks, and I remember it was huge. We're not doing all of them.

I'll probably pick out ten or thereabouts for this Survivor. In fact, I'll likely ask for opinions in a separate thread, around the time we start Chemical Wedding.

The same goes for Metallica cover songs and the Metallica Survivor. We won't do all of them, but we'll do the best ten or so - with a pre-screening thread starting up when we get to ReLoad.

Let me also address the other Survivors, while I'm at it...
Iron Maiden: we won't do B-sides. "Virus" will be included with VXI.
Metallica: "I Disappear" will be included with ReLoad.
Led Zeppelin: "Hey Hey What Can I Do", "Travelling Riverside Blues" and "Baby Come On Home" will be included with Coda.
Megadeth: "99 Ways To Die" will be included with Youthanasia.

Other survivors (Sabbath, Rush, Priest): I know of no significant non-album tracks to worry about.

SinisterMinisterX said:
No Way Out ... To Be Continued is on disc 2 of the 2-disc version of Bruce's Best Of.

No, that is No Way Out.. Continued. It's a very different song.

SinisterMinisterX said:
As to which others will make it:
Shadow once gave me a list of all Bruce's non-album tracks, and I remember it was huge. We're not doing all of them.

I am talking about two tracks only. If there will be a selection I think it'd be odd to leave these out. In the first post where I mention these, I gave links to hear them (HQ YouTube). Play them on ten!  :)

SinisterMinisterX said:
I'll probably pick out ten or thereabouts for this Survivor. In fact, I'll likely ask for opinions in a separate thread, around the time we start Chemical Wedding.

Alright, I'll bring it up again when the time comes.

Back