Bruce Dickinson sound alikes.

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
Thanks to MrKnickerbocker posting the band Attick Demons, I thought it would be interesting to list singers out there who sound either a lot or somewhat like Bruce. And I don't mean just any singer with clean vocals who hit high notes, but ones who have Bruce's actual style in their vocals. Be it either a lot or a hint of it. So, here are the ones I know of.

Attick Demons
This first one to me sounds the most like Bruce.

Machine Men
This one is pretty similar as well.

Liege Lord
Has a pretty good Bruce feel I guess

Screaming Shadows
Definitely has a Bruce feel in the opening lines of the song, but other songs don’t sound like him quite as much.

Barren Cross
Has a bit of Bruce in here, but you can also hear different styles.

Children Of The Beast
According to a comment here: http://noisecreep.com/brazilian-singer-sounds-like-bruce-dickinson-clone/, the singer is in a Maiden tribute band called Children Of The Beast: http://www.ironmaidencover.com.br/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx7__fYb__I

Thanks to MrKnickerbocker posting the band Attick Demons, I thought it would be interesting to list singers out there who sound either a lot or somewhat like Bruce. And I don't mean just any singer with clean vocals who hit high notes, but ones who have Bruce's actual style in their vocals. Be it either a lot or a hint of it. So, here are the ones I know of.

Attick Demons
This first one to me sounds the most like Bruce.

Bloody hell. I find it hard to point out a single point of the song where his voice does not sound like Bruce. The band is obviously equally inspired by Maiden, I hear Maiden influences everywhere in the song.

That's impressive. If I'd heard that on the radio it would have given me quite a start.

Attick Demons has done a few Maiden covers live(Aces High, Fear Of The Dark, and The Trooper), but the sound quality isn't very good in any of them. They also have a new album coming out and performed Ghost, the first single from it.

:D :D :D
d3d61d80a1adc5d4944e22c4a4d6ec6d.png

The singer sounds very much like Bruce. If I heard the song without any knowledge of it, I would surely think it's a Dickinson solo career song, as I'm not too familiar with that.

By the way, the band has 3 guitars as well.

I completely agree with this comment. Sometimes, I have the feeling that I hear something different in Bruce than the vast majority of people.

EDIT: Here's what I said about this singer the other thread around:

I'm sorry, but the singer uses an entirely different technique than Bruce, and sounds a lot more like a mix between Michael Kiske and Geoff Tate in the high notes. It's a head-voice, while Bruce takes his voice from deeper inside. That's a mistake a lot of people imitating him make, and the result never sounds like him, IMHO. I agree he sounds a lot like Bruce on the lower parts, and if he applied the same technique as Bruce, they may be hard to distinguish.

I think he sounds a lot like Bruce, but obviously not a carbon copy. He has a similar vibrato, timbre, resonance and sings his vocal lines in a way that I think Bruce would've had done on those songs.

Bruce uses a lot of head voice, Per, always has (but of course, there are surely many ways you use your head voice). It's integral to his singing, and it's neatly linked to his chest voice. His upper singing is head voice, and as soon as it gets lower, he drops down into his chest voice. If nothing else, that's how the 80's Bruce did it. I read it as you meant that Bruce doesn't use head voice, but I could have gotten that wrong.

I think he pushes his chest voice up further before he switches into head voice nowadays compared to the 80's though, giving it a fuller timbre. I'm certainly not a singer, so I would take my words on singing technique with a truck load of salt (although I am very certain about the linked chest/head voice. It's just how it's done and Bruce does, especially older Bruce, have a clear head voice sound).

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but Bruce never sounds as piercing as all these supposed sound-alikes do. I really am wondering if I'm hearing a different singer.

I agree for all of them except that Attick Demons singer. I think he sounds quite much like Bruce both in the low and the high register. As for the technique, I think Yax pretty much nails it.

The other examples are singers who sound like Bruce just in parts of their respective vocal registers, some more than others.

That first clip. 95% of the time: really exactly like Bruce. Apart from 2.52-3.00 and perhaps another second where he sounds more like Sammett from Edguy or another Bruce adept.

Last edited:
Okay, I seem to listen to a different singer when I think I'm listening to Bruce. Or maybe I need my ears checked.

I get where you're coming from; I just don't think their differences overshadows their similarities.

I get where you're coming from; I just don't think their differences overshadows their similarities.

That's a possible explanation. My focus is probably entirely different. Actually, I think I even know why. About ten years ago, I heard a Maiden cover band with a singer I thought felt out of place. He reminded me more of Kai Hansen than of Bruce. Ever since that, I've been more focused on the different singing techniques, so maybe even minor technical differences make a great impact on me.

Their similarities are imense. I have never heard another singer sounding so much like Bruce. Really, most of the time I don't hear any difference. If a song with such a vocal melody would have been suggested to Bruce., I can imagine he would have done it like this.

I mean, the case is similar to that of Geoff Tate vs Todd La Torre. Obviously, they do sound similar. Todd has listened a lot to Geoff - He even uses that cry singing that Geoff used to do so well. But he definitely uses a different technique to his head voice compared to Geoff - His high notes sound different to Geoff. They sound grittier, as he applies a bit of distortion, but they also sound less natural than Geoffs, and Geoff had almost unparalleled head/chest voice connection, so you could hardly tell at which exact point he changed into head. Todd, I like his singing a lot, does not have this effortless switching. I mean, they are easy to tell apart, but they are most certainly quite similar.

Edit: On second thought, and somewhat unrelated, I think Todd could sound closer to Geoff, but I'm sure he wants to inject more of his own personality rather tha ntrying to clone Geoff.

This sounds closer to the original than Tood's live QR renditions, which supports my claim.

Live, he can't keep up the Bruce similarity as well as in the studio, and often falls (back) to the Sammett sound:

Look, this band even has three guitarists!

Back