Bruce Dickinson Solovivor 2024 - Round 13: THE CHEMICAL WEDDING Joins!

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eliminated after Round 1:
Zulu Lulu - 25 votes
Lickin' the Gun - 21 votes
Ballad of Mutt - 21 votes
Expected. Some of Bruce's worst (if not THE only really worst) solo songs.

Votes:

All The Young Dudes (cover)
Winds Of Change
Hell On Wheels (cool classic rock, but sometimes the chorus melody really annoys me, it's like a glam metal chorus in a AC/DC song)
Gypsy Road (effective ballad but 58 does it better)
Darkness Be My Friend (nice and short atmosphere with the flute, I like it but it won't go far)

I'll give Dive! Dive! Dive! another round because oddly enough it works better than the ones I voted for.

Solo here is pretty inconsequential.
A unique solo for Janick.
Dive! Dive! Dive! - I think this one gets overly hated on just because of the innuendos, because for the most part this is a pretty fun rocker, another track where the rasp is in full force.
Yeah. And Bruce's raspier voice works great for the debut album. I think it also works well enough for the first 2 Maiden album of the 90's.

Btw, I think Bruce could have used some parts (choruses) in a Maiden song from the early 90's. Whereas Maiden songs like Holy Smoke, Hooks In You, The Apparition, Weekend Warrior would have been perfect for Tattooed Millionaire.
No Lies - Has a lot of similarities to "Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter", especially the original solo band version. Used to like this one more than I currently do. The vocals on the verses are pretty shit. The chorus is good but feels unfinished. I like the Janick graveyard wailing in the instrumental section though.
No Lies is a bit underrated. Unfinished? The overall song, maybe. The vibe of it is presented indeed really well during the instrumental section.

I heard the whole thing the other day including singles, and when I got to Sin City I realized this album could've been much better if it was sung by Bon Scott some 25 years earlier.
But it isn't, so it ain't.
Also, I can't believe I'm the only one who voted for title track in this and the previous round. Is the title track that much better than "Hell on Wheels" and "Zulu Lulu"?

Brucevivor Update.jpg

Eliminated after Round 2:
All the Young Dudes - 16 votes
Hell on Wheels - 15 votes
Winds of Change - 15 votes
Dive! Dive! Dive! - 14 votes
No Lies - 14 votes

ROUND 3
balls to picasso.pngBalls to Picasso (1994)
1. Cyclops (7:58)
Dickinson/Z
2. Hell No (5:11)
Dickinson/Z
3. Gods of War (5:02)
Dickinson/Z
4. 1000 Points of Light (4:25)
Dickinson/Z
5. Laughing in the Hiding Bush (4:20)
Dickinson/Z/Dickinson
6. Change of Heart (4:58)
Dickinson/Z
7. Shoot All the Clowns (4:24)
Dickinson/Z
8. Fire (4:30)
Dickinson/Z/Casillas
9. Sacred Cowboys (3:53)
Dickinson/Z
10. Tears of the Dragon (6:24)
Dickinson

Bonus tracks:
11. Fire Child (6:24)
Dickinson
12. Elvis Has Left the Building (3:23)
Dickinson
13. The Breeding House (5:18)
Dickinson
14. No Way Out... To Be Continued (7:31)
Dickinson
15. Over and Out (4:32)
Dickinson/Crichton/Baker
16. The Post Alternative Seattle Fall Out (5:04)
Dickinson/Dickson/Dale/Elena
17. Tibet (3:02)
Dickinson
18. Cadillac Gas Mask (4:09)
Dickinson
19. No Way Out... Continued (5:21)
Dickinson/Crichton/Baker

• Tattooed Millionaire
  • Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter
  • Fire
  • Elvis Has Left the Building
  • The Post Alternative Seattle Fall Out

Born In '58
Gypsy Road
Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
Cyclops
Hell No
Change Of Heart
Shoot All The Clouds
Fire
Elvis Has Left The Building
Over And Out
The Post Alternative Seattle Fall Out

Really, it's just an exercise in killing the shitty B-Sides.
Though, in my opinion, Darkness Be My Friend, Fire Child, the two No Way Outs and The Breeding House are genuinely good songs and among his best output from the first two albums. Tibet and Cadillac Gas Mask are weird and goofy respectively, but also kinda fun.

Eliminated after Round 2:
No Lies - 14 votes
With a different instrumental section, I think it could have stayed a bit longer.

Votes:

Gypsy Road
Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter (this is a Maiden song for me - and despite I like the backing vocals in the chorus, some of Bruce's raspier vocals in the verses are not good)
Darkness Be My Friend (it's not that good)
Fire Child (solid song, but I really don't like the ''oh-oh'' chanting)
Elvis Has Left The Building (is this even a song? Cool power metal riffs that should have been used for a proper song)
Over And Out (weaker copy of Clowns. Again, good verse vocals)
The Post Alternative Seattle Fall Out (too different. Nice solo)
Tibet (the other electronic song is better)

Shoot All The Clowns is fun and could stay for another round. BTP has some very good bonus songs, but also some very different and not good at all cuts for which Bruce just experimented.

Though, in my opinion, Darkness Be My Friend, Fire Child, the two No Way Outs and The Breeding House are genuinely good songs and among his best output from the first two albums. Tibet and Cadillac Gas Mask are weird and goofy respectively, but also kinda fun.
I actually really like all the songs in BTP. Although it's mid-tempo for the most part, the album works really well as a whole and I just love the vocal parts & riffs - plus the overall unique vibe. Even lesser songs like Fire, Hell No or 1000 Points Of Light. They all have good parts/ideas. And what an opener and closer!

As for the B-sides, I think some of them would make the album be even more interesting. Songs like Breeding House and No Way Out (very nice, interesting and unique song, I rediscovered it; Part 2 is also cool with its vibe). Fire Child with more work will be better, Cadillac Gas Mask is a fun and perfect bonus stuff...

What happened to the hard rock version of Winds Of Change?

Btw, on this list I'm surprised to see votes for songs like Tattooed, 58, Cyclops, Gods, Heart, Cowboys (yes) and House - some of Bruce's very best imo.

Back