Bruce Dickinson: NEW MUSIC ONLY (stick his other activities where the sun don't shine) topic

When will the new Bruce Dickinson solo album (MEANING NEW MUSIC) come out

• Total voters

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
The idea is silly, but also amusing: the real Bruce topic on the solo/side project discussion board, has turned into a place for book tour updates and any other thing the man can think of to avoid a new solo album.
2137720.jpg

And another topic on the Madness board would make a vein attempt to talk about Bruce's new album without undergoing all the escape routes the man takes these days.

Just joking people. I guess we're not going to have any talk about (confirmed content on) a new album anytime soon.
images

Last edited:
I also voted for 2020, but then I read an old article that said he was half done with the album in 2015, so at that rate we may be looking at a 2025 release... :huh:

Sooner than we think? Shortly after Forostar opened this thread, some interesting bits from his show in Milan were summarised here:

https://www.onstageweb.com/notizie/bruce-dickinson-milano-2019/

His new solo album (demos apparently already done) is mentioned briefly and also included are the answers to some of the questions from the audience. The most interesting one, in my opinion, is the last one. He was asked about which book he is reading, and his answer was (courtesy of a combination of my Italian skills and Google translate):

"A Pair of Silver Wings is a novel about a World War II pilot. It will become a film, of which I will write the music for and I hope that already next year we will start shooting here in Italy, where part of the novel is set. There are some excellent actors in the cast, like William Hurt and Kevin Kline. "

2020 is my bet then. It could be even 2019 if he gets to finish the solo album.

And another topic on the Madness board would make a vein attempt to talk about Bruce's new album without undergoing all the escape routes the man takes these days.

Please tell us you would not be attempting to commit suicide!!!!

If Maiden are actually in the studio now and will release a new album late this year, they are probably doing a 757 tour early next year and festivals in the summer, then I think a new Bruce Dickinson album is coming late 2020.

If there’s no activity in the Maiden camp now other than the upcoming leg of LOTB and the usual alcohol release, my bet is late this year!

Back