Bruce Dickinson at rock in rio 1985

markie886

Prowler
Hello everyone

Im Mark,im new here,   Ive been a Maiden fan since 1984 when I was 9 yares old.

This might have ben said already , and if it has sorry to repeat.

the other night I was watching the maiden gig rock in  rio 1985 and i noticed it was'nt a great night for bruce , his stage presence and singing where great but did anyone notice

1.during the trooper he tries talking to one on the crew during guitar solo , but they would turn this micrphone off causing bruce to swear at the crew
2. during powerslave , the fire before the second verse was late and has to promt the crew with "come on !". then the fire would'nt die down and has to stamp it out himself.
3. also during powerslave his microphone gets unplugged and has to replug it in missing some of the lines.
4. runs into dave murray during revalations and splits his head open

like i say , this may have been discussed before

cheers

Yea there were lots of technical problems for him. They might've been dealing with a crew other than their own. And him splitting his head and continuing the show just shows how professional he is.

I think it was his eye actually. Hard to tell. But he ran into H's headstock or something. It's in revelations, check it out on youtube.

I did too but on the LAD DVD Rod said he hit H's headstock.

I kind of disagree when you said it was not a very good night for Bruce. He said it was a "life-changing" gig. Not only because of the 250 thousand (?)  people there but because it was so challeging.

Back