BRUCE DICKINSON ALBUMS SURVIVOR 2016: Results -> The Chemical Wedding wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
yi1wT33.jpg

Top 6
Tyranny Of Souls
04. Balls To Picasso
05. Skunkworks
06. Tattooed Millionaire

The Chemical Wedding is the lesser of the two. Of course.

There are meh songs on it:
Killing Floor
Machine Men
The Alchemist (first couple of minutes are awesome, the rest doesn't add anything)

A higher amount of songs from this level than on AOB.

Omega and Arc of Spades form a much better ending to the brilliant Accident of Birth.

Accident of Birth is a very melodic and well sounding album. I realize many people (including Bruce himself) prefer The Chemical Wedding and that album has some of my favourite tracks (e.g. King In Crimson) but as a whole album I find AOB more enthralling to listen to. It has quite some nice moody moments as well.

Man of Sorrows (a fantastic song, every second of it!, the chord progressions are right up my alley when it comes to taste I guess), the title track, Taking the Queen, Starchildren, Darkside, Omega.... Not many CW songs come close to this wealth (and warmth!) of these songs. The mood, the melodies, the harmonies, the groove (Starchildren!), it's all there. I'd also say the album has more variation (and perhaps even originality). There's a full on acoustic song and the album contains more different rhythms. It doesn't have monotone segments as in Killing Floor and Machine Men which seem to lean more on rhythm/heaviness/dull guitar riffs. On most AOB songs there's more musical depth.

Highly enjoyable AOB tracks:
1. Starchildren
2. Taking the Queen
3. Accident of Birth
4. Darkside of Aquarius
5. Man of Sorrows
6. Omega

Highly enjoyable CW tracks:
1. King in Crimson
2. Book of Thel

Tower, the title track, Gates, Jericho and Jerusalem: However good, I put all of these below the 6 best from AOB.

Last edited:
To me, Chemical Wedding has no filler tracks. Yes, Killing Floor and Machine Men are weaker in comparison to the rest, but they're still better than half of Accident. I would actually call Chemical Wedding one of the most consistent metal albums of all time. It has less of a diverse soundscape when compared to Accident (everything is mostly heavy), but the songs are better composed and have stronger melodies overall.

Tracks I enjoy from Accident:
- Taking the Queen
- Darkside
- the title track
- Ghost of Cain
- Omega

Everything else ranges from average (Starchildren) to just plain awful (Freak, Welcome to the Pit). Just because Darkside, the title track, and Omega are Top 10 (or Top 15) Bruce doesn't mean the rest of the album is good.

10: Thel, Jerusalem
9: Crimson, Tower, Darkside, Omega, Arc
8: Wedding, Alchemist, Return, Freak, Starchildren, Road to Hell, Sorrows, Cain,
7: Queen, Birth,
6: Urizen, Jericho, Machine, Magician, Pit
5: Floor

If Black Bart is from France, he and Cosmic are the only continental Europeans disagreeing with me. So far my scientific research on continental Europeans preferring more melody and variety than most outlanders do.

Back