British Lion 2013 Tour

Ohhh, you cheeky bugger; calling that guy a dirty Glaswegian. Watch what you say son! :p
(Altho', you're right, he didn't wash his hands.)

I'm over 30 & ocassionally go to The Hall... :eek:
(Altho' pre-gig I was in The Variety.)

I didn't call him a "dirty Glaswegian"! He did, however, seem to be a bit of a Ned and anyone who makes random conversation with a stranger in a toilet is definitely odd (or drunk).

I've never been to the Variety, what's it like? In fact, I haven't been to many pubs in Glasgow. :(

No, I know you didn't. :)

But, yeh, The Variety is fine. It looks like a total old man's pub, but it's pretty mixed. It's tiny & doesn't have a great selection of beers though. I'm not really selling it here, am I? It's just small & easy to meet people in I guess. You know when you're meeting someone & they haven't turned up yet? It's the sort of pub you feel really at home in, on your own, just waiting for them to arrive. Reliable, friendly, not too busy, not too quiet; that sort of thing.

I'm sure most of you have already seen this but just in case - British Lion are back on tour in July, playing in the UK, Belgium, France, Spain and Portugal. In other words, where Steve enjoys spending his holidays. :D
http://www.ironmaiden.com/steve-harris-takes-british-lion-back-on-the-road-in-july.html

Here's what could be of interest, though.
"Although we would have liked to have visited more cities and countries on this run, it simply hasn’t been possible time-wise. This is for a number of reasons, probably of interest to Maiden fans!

Last edited:
I'm sure most of you have already seen this but just in case - British Lion are back on tour in July, playing in the UK, Belgium, France, Spain and Portugal. In other words, where Steve enjoys spending his holidays. :D
http://www.ironmaiden.com/steve-harris-takes-british-lion-back-on-the-road-in-july.html

Here's what could be of interest, though.
"Although we would have liked to have visited more cities and countries on this run, it simply hasn’t been possible time-wise. This is for a number of reasons, probably of interest to Maiden fans!
You're forgetting the Netherlands!

YES!!!!

Thanks for the news Ariana, I'll try to get a ticket.

No prob at all. I am so glad you posted this, because the chance was big that I wouldn't have been to the Maiden site myself. Now I am on time (or at least prepared).

306 km. More too far east than too far south.

I assume the distance could feel a bit closer if were that other band with Steve Harris in the line-up. ;-)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting Ariana. I would have missed it, or at least would'nt have seen this before monday and the beginning of the ticket sales. Paris on july 14 th ! I'm a lot more excited about this occasion to see him in a small venue than by Maiden's third edition of the Maiden England tour. Hell, what a good news. And Foro, you will have the occasion to fix all what went wrong in march '13.

Last edited:
Back