Breaking News: Iron Maiden’s Steve Harris Forms Rap Metal Supergroup

From www.http://overthetopmetalnews.wordpress.com

An insider (and soon to be former employee) of Sanctuary Music recently reached out to us last week to let us know that Iron Maiden bassist Steve Harris has a new project under his belt that is about to shake up the Iron Maiden world as we know it. In a candid email, Sharlett Harlette (pronounced Har-Lay) told Over The Top Metal News this:

“Coming off of the critically disappointing British Lion album/tour, Steve really feels the need to express himself and his frustrations in a way that he has yet to do so. Steve reached out to former Iron Maiden vocalist Paul DiAnno and together the two of them conceived and gave birth to the rap/metal supergroup: PUBLIC ENEMA.”

We just couldn’t believe what we were reading so we reached out to Maiden manager Rod Smallwood to ask about this (sorry Sharlett) and it is very much true. Smallwood in turn put us in touch with Steve Harris who had this to say:

“Paul (DiAnno) and I are indeed moving forward with our new rap/metal band Public Enema. We had a few pints together one night and reminisced about the old days but both decided we should try something new. Paul, being a hip hop king himself, recommended that we try a rap metal band. I thought this was very interesting so we called Kid Rock and Fred Durst (of Limp Bizkit) to join in and the result has been absolutely fucking smashing. It’s brilliant. It did take some getting used to for me because every time Durst would say, “Drop the bass” I literally dropped my fucking bass guitar. Now I know what it means.”

Harris expressed his excitement over this new project:

“I’m so excited to take Public Enema to the stage for all the fans. If they thought British Lion was great, they ain’t seen nothing yet. It’s going to be drugs for sure!”

Obviously Harris is still getting used to this lingo as we think he meant it’s going to be “dope.” The band will be heading into the studio with producer Jay Kay to make the as of yet untitled debut EP before launching a worldwide tour. Stay tune to Over The Top Metal News for more on this developing band.

hqdefault.jpg

I see where they're coming from. :p

Back