Brave New World

How good is Brave New World on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
I gate it an 8. I definitely love this song, but I just don't find myself enjoying it as much as others from this album. Definitely in my top 30 Maiden tunes, though.

I'm aware this is blasphemy, but I despise this song.

I feel like Maiden reshashes that same acoustic intro for several songs on the reunion albums (These Colours Don't Run, Thin Line, Face in the Sand?). I really love the lyrics, but the tedious way they are sung in the verse is unbearable. But when that's over, that godawful chorus just rubs the salt in the wound. The instrumental is solid but nothing that made too much of an impression on me. And then the chorus, already long enough, is repeated twice.

The reunion albums are seriously extremely predictable at times.

3/10

tumblr_m18xx5Dw5R1r3d8abo2_500.gif

Best song of the album and I darn love the album. Second favourite Maiden CD, so this is their best reunion song. The solos are great and fast, the chorus is nice and the harmony is fucking...I don't have words.

...what the fuck was I talking about when I posted that message? This is easily one of my favorites of the album. Chorus is spine tingling, especially when bruce goes up the octave, the buildup is so tense....Janick's solo is badassery, so much emotion. Lyrics brilliant.

10/10

Great song, the verses are excellent, I'm not a big fan of the chorus. The melody is among Maiden's best. I've seen a lot of post's praising Janick's solo. I don't really get that, Dave's is far superior. I think this one is my 3rd favorite on the album, just behind Blood Brothers and The Thin Line.
10/10

An excellent track. Another one of Bruce best performances, not because its his high notest notes or best screams or anything, but because he deliver those wonderful lyrics in a perfect way. Outside of the awesome solos and harmony section, this is a Bruce-show all the way, as the music is quite simple and only backs up the vocals. Like I said, these lyrics are fantastic in the verses and the way he sings the chorus; especially the second part of the chorus, is fantastic.

9/10

A strong song, but not as enjoyable as the surrounding songs. The chorus doesn't rise above "OK".
7/10

This song has a lot of good things about it, but the over reliance on the main melody keeps it at a notch below the previous two songs. It could've been a bit more adventurous. The chorus is repetitive but it's actually my favorite part of the song. It's heavy and a much needed shift in gears. Bruce's deliver during the chorus is also epic. The guitar solos on this song are fantastic, as is the harmony after. Very classic Maiden instrumental work there. You also really hear the three amigos in action for the very first time on this song. Works brilliantly.

A solid song, just not a fan of the verses. 7

This used to be one of my favourite songs on the album, but it has fallen back in recent years. Still a fantastic track. 9/10.

Great song. Brilliant lyrics and vocals. Janick's solo is immense. And the chorus melody is one of their greatest. The little guitar licks during the chorus are great too.

Another brilliant lyric, and what a vocal demonstration by Bruce. My favourite part of this song is the line "rip the bones from my flesh". The delivery is immense. The guitar work is also something to enjoy. All of them do a important job, one of Maiden's best examples on how to write songs with three guitarists. Terrific solos and instrumental sections.

9/10

Back