Brave New World - Album

Onhell

Infinite Dreamer
Like I said in other posts, I finally got my BNW cd back, and I am hearing it like I heard it for the first time three years ago. It's amazing how after so many years Maiden was able to produce such an original (musically) and powerful album. Every single song has an epic feel to it (and doing 120 km/hr on the freeway hightens the experiance!) and it sure reaffirms maiden's position as Metal gods. This album not only fits right at home with the ones of the golden era but i'd place it between powerslave and somewhere in time. It has the sound of the golden era but a maturity that places it after them as the pinicle of their classic achievement. Now that I have it I will rescrutinize Out of the Silent Planet and A Thin Line. After witnessing Loosecannon's and Iron Duke's zeal for length and detail, I feel compelled to hit the books to build a coherent post.
Comming to a Commentary Board Near you: Out of the Silent Planet summer 2004

Fully agree on Hell when i first brought BNW

1) heard Adrian and Bruce were back so i was even eager to pick it up

2) when looked at the writting credits of each song i saw Bruce and Adrian straight back in the figures...

Well to be honest the previous cd's before BNW from the time ill even say H left where very ordinary but as a Maiden fan you always gave em the benefit of the doubt NPFTD and FOTD were really ordinary Blaze came along and X-Factor and Virtuall where quiet good better thean the last two .. one thing that really lacked from the 4 cd's were harmonys... extremely good solo's davey got sloppy and janick i dont want to put him down but ill prefer to hear is slower passed solo's like 2 am and Wasting love he shines but when it comes to fast he sucks... enough of that

well when i picked up BNW from the opening song the ripped and then when i heard ghost of the navigator i could here there was competition back in maiden and muscician side was getting back to par of SSOASS powerslave and SIT maidens peak.. it jolted me and all isaid was the real maiden is back...

all i can say the last two have made up even more for the slightly lack of punch in the last 4 cd's (my opinion only)...

I even rate BNW amont the top 3 Maiden cd's

BNW is a great album, although it could have been greater, IMO. Now, having said that, the album has an almost relaxed feel, like the band was putting it together, having a good time with it all, and basically taking it easy, rediscovering each other's sound and how that has changed over the past 5 or 10 years.

Having said that, it's a blinding album! Maybe with a little more preperation it could have been better, but still! Dream of Mirrors is one of the finest Maiden songs ever. The Wicker Man, great little fast track. Brave New World. Wow.

I remember playing this album for a friend in 2002. I told him it was Maiden and he said "Cool, do they still sound this good now that they're old?" When I told him that was the 2000 release, he was pretty awestruck.

This was my first and is my favorite album. This is what got me into maiden and so far only the Golden Age cd's and DoD come close.....

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Mar 12 2004, 09:14 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Mar 12 2004, 09:14 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I remember playing this album for a friend in 2002.  I told him it was Maiden and he said "Cool, do they still sound this good now that they're old?"  When I told him that was the 2000 release, he was pretty awestruck. [/quote]
That reminds me of my good friend Don - the lead guitarist in my band, who I've known for 19 years. He's always loved the 80's Maiden, but lost interest after Bruce left the band. For three years after it came out, I kept telling him to pick up BNW; he finally did so last year and was amazed. It was all he listened to for about 2 months. Of course nearly all of us hardcore Maiden fans have a good opinion about BNW; I think it's interesting to see that even casual fans rank it up there with the classic albums.

[!--QuoteBegin-No More Tears+Mar 19 2004, 09:26 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(No More Tears @ Mar 19 2004, 09:26 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] My second favourite album behind Dance of death! [/quote]
You obviously didn't grow up in the 80s... Ah well, these albums aren't too bad (although nothing like a good Piece Of Mind or Powerslave!) [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

i didnt grow up in the 80s neither, yet POWERSLAVE and PIECE OF MIND (and 7th son) are among the best maiden albums ever, in my opinion [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Nevertheless I think the new century has began in a better way than the 90s for Maiden don't you think? These are not POWERSLAVE equivalents but at least they're much better than NO PRAYER and FEAR OF THE DARK

Metal for life ! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I still think Powerslave is the prime of Maiden. But Dance of Death is oh so close. I can't choose between Dance of Death, Brave New World, and Piece of Mind.

BNW is a fine album, I remember when I picked it up.......I was, as they say in outer mongolia "amazed"! hmmmmm

I bought BNW the day it came out and I was awestruck when I first heard it. It is indeed a phenomenal album. The BNW tour was also the first tour I saw Maiden on. Ah, the memories!! [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Brave New World is one of the best Rockalbums ever for me and I´m listening to Rockmusic for over 20 years!! [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Lyrics I agree with and the symphonical rocksound... It´s a Masterpiece!! [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I lost my interest in Maiden when Blaze joined the band. I rediscovered the band just a few months ago, and I get BNW two weeks ago. What a surprise! I've read some reviews about it, but I didn't expected a strong album like this. It's surely the best post-Seventh Son album of Maiden. It's up to par with Piece Of Mind and Powerslave. There is a perfect balance between style marks of the classic Maiden albums, and new experimental things. The listener can identify that's classic Maiden what he listens, but the material is very fresh at the same time. No weak fillers like some song on FOTD and NPFTD. Maybe the production has some weak points, the loud drums overwhelm the guitar solos sometimes, but despite this, its' 10/10!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I wasnt overly impressed when i first bought this album, but fairly recently i have realised it's excellence. A great album. 'The thin line between love and hate' really shows Bruce's vocal range and talent.

Brave New World is Maiden's best album, and it will ever be!
Songs like The Wicker Man, Blood Brothers, The Mercanary, The Fallen Angel,
and The Thin Line Between Love & Hate is Great songs as the other songs of the album is Great songs to! My favorite album at all!

[!--QuoteBegin-The Navigator+Dec 2 2004, 04:28 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Navigator @ Dec 2 2004, 04:28 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Brave New World is Maiden's best album, and it will ever be!
Songs like The Wicker Man, Blood Brothers, The Mercanary, The Fallen Angel,
and The Thin Line Between Love & Hate is Great songs as the other songs of the album is Great songs to! My favorite album at all!
[snapback]92686[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Being your favourite doesn't mean it's the best... [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

To me 'Brave New World' is simply the best album the band have ever made thus far.After surviving the 90's that were a very bad decade as for Metal music I had doubts whether Maiden would be able to release an album being as good as 'The Number of the Beast', 'Somewhere in Time' or 'Piece of Mind'.Yet with Bruce and Adrian back they couldn't go wrong and the album proved that they are still the best Metal band.Although I first was disappointed at the fact that Bruce joined Maiden again(I did prefer his solo albums like 'Chemical Wedding' and 'Accident of Birth' over any other Maiden album)and I thought how can you let down such a terrific band and return to Maiden?I mean I could't imagine them to do a better album than Bruce's last two masterpieces.Anyway I should'n have worried that much and when 'Brave New World' finally came out I, before long, was able to admit that this is the real thing, the best Maiden album ever!Songs like 'The Nomad'(still my fav Maiden song), 'The Thin Line between Love and Hate', 'Blood Brothers' and 'Brave New Word' are certainly among the best songs they ever wrote.But yet, even the best album in the world is likely to show a filler and that would be 'Fallen Angel' which to this day I consider to be one of the worst Maiden songs...

Halfway through The Wicker Man, while I was still in awe of its brilliance, i thought "Welcome back, Bruce. Welcome back, Adrian. Welcome back, Iron Maiden".

I know it's really corny, but that's what I thought...

Back