Bond, James Bond

RIP Roger Moore.

While I immensely respect Sean Connery (who also played in a lot of very good non-Bond films while Moore did not!), after having seen all pre-Pierce Brosnan Bond films a few years ago, I must say that Moore is my favourite Bond.

Last edited:
While my order would probably be

1.) Craig
2.) Dalton
3.) Connery
4.) Moore
5.) Lazenby
6.) Brosnan

I respect the bloke and I'm sad to see him go. On the other hand, 89 is a pretty blessed age to go. We'll miss you, mate, break a leg in that great gig in the sky!

So, the coming film will see Bond retired and replaced as 007 ... thoughts?

If the news are to be believed, the new 007 is a woman. What are the odds that the old 007 is going to try his luck?

So, the coming film will see Bond retired and replaced as 007 ... thoughts?

If the news are to be believed, the new 007 is a woman. What are the odds that the old 007 is going to try his luck?

That's not how I understood it. The way I understood it is that the film will have a different 007 agent who is female, and Bond will get out of retirement for whatever reason to return as 007.

Meh, doesn't matter. Anyone can be 007, and giving the stereotypical James Bond version of the character a rest is probably a good idea.

I really do not agree with that .. every actor that has played Bond has played him different ... and of course some changing of the times. Otherwise there would not need to be debates over "who is the best Bond"
Well, I am not saying there is no Bond, I am just saying moving away from the stereotypical Bond is at the very least going to be good for the actor who brings him back to his roots :D

That's not how I understood it. The way I understood it is that the film will have a different 007 agent who is female, and Bond will get out of retirement for whatever reason to return as 007.

Read about that in the paper today, an executive described it as "a popcorn-dropping moment" when people find out 007 is not James Bond. I hardly think people will be dropping popcorn when the cat has already been let out of the bag.

I probably didn't express myself clearly, as I read it the same way as you did. There's no new Bond, but a new 007 ... and the old one will still play the main role in the film.

Wonder if the role of the replacement 007 will be more than that of the typical "Bond girl #1" who is often murdered early in the film ...

At this rate it sounds like they're just doing this as a publicity stunt. So a new 007, but James Bond happens to be retired.

I am going to miss Daniel Craig's Bond, I think. An absolute stellar fit for the role.

Read about that in the paper today, an executive described it as "a popcorn-dropping moment" when people find out 007 is not James Bond. I hardly think people will be dropping popcorn when the cat has already been let out of the bag.

Apparently it will be a popcorn dropping moment when people find out 007 will be female and black. Like that isn't the norm nowadays. Even The Little Mermaid is gonna be black in the new Disney flick :lol:

Last edited:
Back