Blind Guardian

It looks like we might be getting the orchestral project next year.

From Hansi himself: http://forum.blind-guardian.com/viewtopic.php?p=1461610#p1461610
Time for a new update
icon_biggrin.gif
Most of your guesses are wrong, but some are at least wrong and right at the same moment
icon_evil.gif
We proceed very well. It more and more looks like a 2019 summer release. It depends a little bit on the record company‘s plans with it. We have not decided how to name the baby, yet. But Blind Guardian will be an essential part of that name in any way. The music is as much Metal as an orchestra and a Heavy Metal vocalist together can be metal. The album will be very intense, for sure. By now I have finished the singing of all songs. Eventually I go in and do a few minor adjustments. But that is more for my ego and will not cause any delays. So far we had 7 days of backing vocals with the choir company, but will go for 3 more. The big classical choirs have been done, already. Basically they are always done the same day, we are recording the complete orchestra in Prague. The choirs are done separately from the orchestra. Yet, we go back to Prague in the beginning of 2019 for the recordings of a last piece of music. No worries, this is instrumental. So, when we leave Prague the song is more or less ready for mixing. Yet, there are like two more possible recording sessions. Consider these to be extra missions. In total there will be 12 full songs on the album and two, or three musical interludes. How to release such an album? We worry when we get there. The instrumental version of such an album is a nice treat for sure, so would the demo versions be and of course, the final output can be treated in different ways. I doubt, that we will release different versions, with regard to different vocal performances. They are too close together in a lots of cases. On the other hand to explain the whole progression, it would make sense.
As for Guardian of the Netherworld ( which is called "Harvester of Souls" on my lyric sheet, as I realized after I told you the song is called "Guardian of the Netherworld"): every song which is already released on an album is an old song for us
icon_razz.gif
My bet for the old song - and it is none of these songs - would have been Mordred‘s Song or Bright Eyes. They both would do great. Some of you guys mentioned the mess in your heads: Welcome to the club! Why we went for this particular one? Well, believe it, or not. We started working on this song in a classical version, when André dreamt this song in a metal version. So he started working on the metal version, the other day. I believe the classical version contains a few extra parts, which are not in the metal version. All lyrics are new, apart from one prominent line in that song. We still work on the storyboard, but Markus Heitz did an amazing job. So much I can say, already. My Demons and Wizards appearances next year will not cause any delay for the orchestral release. I can do D&W songwriting while the other guys will do the mixing. After listening to the stuff so many times, it is better to rely on fresh ears, anyway.
icon_biggrin.gif
Mr. Producer has called me, time to make another small decision. It is all about baby steps ...

Hansi's English does appear quite limited. During live performances the main thing he says to the audience is "Absolutely amazing!" over and over again. I met Blind Guardian in the signing tent at Bloodstock Festival last year and told Hansi that I was looking forward to the show. He just replied "Ja, so are ve".

Hopefully that means a tour in 2020. I've been waiting patiently for my chance.

This is good news. :) Hansi must have been a busy man recently. He featured on a couple of songs on the new Avantasia album and has been working with Jon Schaffer on the next Demons & Wizards album (due next January) - all while doing the upcoming Blind Guardian album. Summer and early Autumn will be dedicated to D&W (I see them in London at the end of June) and then the new Blind Guardian album will come out on November 1st.

Hopefully that means a tour in 2020. I've been waiting patiently for my chance.
It'll be well worth the wait. When I finally got to see them in 2015 after a ten year wait I had goosebumps when the intro to 'The Ninth Wave' started. They are one of a small number of bands I would go abroad to see (maybe only two) so I'm open to going wherever to see them again.

They are one of a small number of bands I would go abroad to see (maybe only two) so I'm open to going wherever to see them again.
Yeah, if there is a European-only tour I might have to make the trek. They're the last of the "big bands" I want to check off.

Hope they come to Mexico. I don't have to money to go to the U.S or Europe, so hopefully they come down here. I missed the Helloween tour, I don't want to miss this one.

Hope they come to Mexico. I don't have to money to go to the U.S or Europe, so hopefully they come down here. I missed the Helloween tour, I don't want to miss this one.
But the US is only next door! Is it that the wall will prove to be insurmountable?

Yeah, if there is a European-only tour I might have to make the trek. They're the last of the "big bands" I want to check off.
They will certainly visit North America at some point. They will most probably headline Wacken in 2020 or 2021. The European Festivals are a guarantee but I don't know if they'd do them before or after a theater/arena tour.

Back