BLAZE singing Wasted Years

I hope that one day he decides to do at least a little tour over here. I'd go see him. It's never gonna happen, but...

LooseCannon said:
I hope that one day he decides to do at least a little tour over here. I'd go see him. It's never gonna happen, but...

Well, his and the band's fee is actually pretty small. When they last performed in Croatia about two years ago, it was as little as 500 Euro (around 650 US$). So it's not actually him or the band's manager who decides when they'll do what, it's the clubs. If there could be 4 or 5 club owners in your part of Canada who could get in touch with each other, share the airplane, ground transport and accommodation costs, and in that way arrange a mini-tour, you could easily get to see him. The guys from the band aren't picky or anything, they'll travel by virtually any means of transportation (train, car, bus etc) as long as they get their fees and get to play their music.

If you know any club owners, try suggesting it.

In fact, if you're desperate/eager with enough time on your hands, you can even organise it yourself.  A local Blaze/Maiden fan organised a mini-tour in Finland this year with (I think) 5 club gigs, which seemed to work out pretty well.  Then again, Canada is a bigger country with proportionally less metal fans and much further away, so it might not be financially possible.  But, just to let you know it's been done.

A bit off topic: I love how close Blaze is with his fans.  Quotes from a letter to the fans from him at his website:

I have spoken to a lot of fans who are interested in vinyl... Before we go ahead with the pressing we need to know how many people would be interested in buying it. We need to sell about 500 to make it possible to do a limited edition.

Where ever we can we will be available to sign stuff before or after the gigs on the upcoming tour. If you have a big collection of things that you would like signed then please email us and tell us what gigs you can get to and if its possible we will try to make time before the gig to get that done.
If any of you would like to see us play in your local venue, then please send us details of the venue and the person responsible for booking bands and we will try and add that venue to one of our future tours.

Well, I think that it would be impossible where I live. There is one place that hosts heavy metal acts in Halifax; none in Moncton as far as I am aware, and certainly none elsewhere. And the one place that does metal in Halifax does them twice a year. It just wouldn't happen.

Atlantic Canada is a dead zone for metal. We had Slayer and Megadeth, and they didn't even sell out a 12,000 person venue.

Ranko said:
Well, his and the band's fee is actually pretty small. When they last performed in Croatia about two years ago, it was as little as 500 Euro (around 650 US$). So it's not actually him or the band's manager who decides when they'll do what, it's the clubs. If there could be 4 or 5 club owners in your part of Canada who could get in touch with each other, share the airplane, ground transport and accommodation costs, and in that way arrange a mini-tour, you could easily get to see him. The guys from the band aren't picky or anything, they'll travel by virtually any means of transportation (train, car, bus etc) as long as they get their fees and get to play their music.

If you know any club owners, try suggesting it.

Blaze performs for 500€ only??You sure?If so I think I'm gonna call him to play at my birthday then lol. That's cheap as hell, some kid's bands here charge much more for 1 hour "concert".

Reading those quotes, Blaze is amazing with his fans indeed, he deserves more than he gets.

Onun said:
Blaze performs for 500€ only??You sure?If so I think I'm gonna call him to play in my birthday then lol. That's cheap as hell, some kid's bands here charge much more for 1 hour "concert".

Yeah, a friend of mine said that as well, let's get him to play at one of our birthdays. :D

If I recall correctly, it was about 500 €, yeah. Could be that it was the absolute minimum they would perform for, besides, it was a very small venue as well. All the expenses were paid as well; plane tickets, accommodations, transport to the venue and around town, even the food.

I guess they would rather play a lot of places for a modest sum, than play less places for a bigger sum. It's a good strategy if you want to be noticed.

That's so cheap, let's gather money and invite him to play for us, a secret show just for the Maidenfans community!  :D

And I agree with you, doing that they manage to play at more places and get some recognition. I hope they're doing well.

We should call Nicko, say that we paid Blaze 500e, and that he can join and play for free!

Forostar said:
I assume this last question was directed at Snake.

Dear Snake, Blaze can sing what he wants. If he wants to sing lower, he can do that. He knows his range, and therefore he sings it lower.

Dear Forostar,

Within the rules of this forum I can post what I want. If I want to ask Blaze to stop singing old Maiden songs I can do that. I know the forum rules and therefore my post remains.  :p

Back