Blaze Bayley

JamesF said:
i understand that the two albums that featured Blaze Bayley were not Iron Maidens best......
With respect, you understand wrong. Or you've talked to the wrong people.

Albie said:
With respect, you understand wrong. Or you've talked to the wrong people.

Well, it's a matter of opinion of course. I find The X Factor down in the painful end of the scale, liking only really 3 songs and then finding the rest either repulse me or just feel lackluster compared to the rest of maiden (in all departments, music, lyrics and vocals)... whereas many have it as their favourite album. It changes from person to person.

On average between peoples rankings/lists I'd say they feature in the bottom end, and commercially they were low. But fans have different tastes so they can be classed as "Different"/"Acquired Taste" ... such as Ram it Down by JP, I love it but in a biography I've got its actually referred to as a terrible album PURELY because it did bad commercially.

I have a code for 20 free digital tracks from HMV's website and I want to download a Blaze album. The three albums they have are: Promise and Terror, The Man Who Would Not Die, The Night That Will Not Die.

Which one should I get?

The Man Who Would Not Die for sure.It's probably his best solo album and clearly better than Promise and Terror(which still is a pretty good album).Perhaps you would want to get into his music before buying a live album.So I would go for TMWWND.And you still have 8 more tracks to download.  :D

Agreed. Though, my favorite Blaze album is As Live As It Gets.

TMWWND and Tenth Dimension are my favourite albums.I'm not sure if I can pick one.Silicon Messiah has his best song - Stare at the Sun but overally I think it's not as good as the albums mentioned above, as it has a few weaker tracks while there are not tracks that I usually skip on the other 2.Even so, all of his albums have a lot to offer, so they are worth getting.

Larry Paterson has finally put his Blaze biography "At the End of the Day" on Amazon as a Kindle book for 11.50 USD. Also, if you are an Amazon Prime member, you can read it for free. (A small hint: you can also sign up for a free 1-month trial of Amazon Prime if you are in the USA!)

EDIT: I ate it up in less than two days, a nice read and filled with interesting behind the scenes info on Blaze both during his Maiden and solo years. I even wrote a review for Amazon. It's not too expensive, so if anyone is interested, go and buy it off Amazon.

Yes, a brilliant live album and the last truly great effort by B L A Z E (and Blaze). I wonder if there's a bootleg of that same show, it would be nice to make a comparison and see if anything has been overdubbed for the album or not. The fact that Bruce's "SFM Brazil" was basically re-recorded in the studio made me appreciate it less.

Blaze is actually mixing his new album at Steve Harris studio right now.

"
Thomas Zwijsen
arrived at Blaze Bayley's house, very tired.. tomorrow we go to Steve Harris' home studio to mix the album!"

Hey Thomas, you're a new member of Blaze's band? Interesting news, thanks for sharing!
Just the mixing in Arry's home, or is was he also involved in other stages of the recordings or production?

Cheers

Alright, missed the quote signs. I saw it as a link to that facebook page, so I thought Zwijsen could have done that himself.

Back