Blaze Bayley

According to https://www.facebook.com/hideweaver the bassplayer of the supportband ended up in emergency after the show in Como.

with google translate you get this :

The hideweaver after the date on Saturday night at woodstock como suspend the tour with Blaze Bayley.The decision came from the same band after a regrettable fact, unjustifiable and unpardonable by the English singer. Blaze on Saturday night for trivial reasons it has brutally attacked bassist Raffaele Guarino, under the incredulous eyes of witnesses. Raffaele had to receive treatment due to the emergency room of Como and is therefore unable to continue the tour, the prognosis is 10 days, the band also prefer to distance themselves in personal and professional from the person of William Bayley Coock, aka Blaze Bayley.We want to thank the band, in the person of Claudio Tirincanti, Andrea Blacks, Lehmann and Thomas Zwijsen, that in the situation have proved extremely available and collaborative people to solve a very difficult situation, in doing so we wish him a good continuation of the tour, and all good wishes of the case.Raphael is currently seriously considering taking legal action against the person of William Bayley Coock, aka Blaze Bayley.

Seems the bass player was hit on the cheek.

No official statement. Meanwhile reactions from a Blaze forum moderator, (3 June):

Blaze is in direct contact with the bassplayer to sort out the issue. There won't be an official statement as the issue happened after the venue was closed and no fans were involved in the situation.

Today is the last tourdate of The King of Metal tour Part 1. Blaze has enjoyed working with his musicians and apart from this issue, everything has gone according to plan (which is almost a miracle with 3 months of touring). We have decided that we will no longer choose a support band for the tour because there have been a lot of negative experiences with them lately. Blaze would like to thank everybody who has come to the shows and supported him and believed in him for all these years.

And any comments i make on the forum are my personal opinion on situations. Statements PR wise are made in the news section. Just like everybody else I have opinions on certain situations. I think it has already become clear that I do not hold back when I feel someome is put in a bad daylight just because they tried to defend themselves when they felt they have been wronged by others. I did not approve violence and I am not saying that Blaze handled it the right way, I am just giving my opinion based on the information that I know, just like everybody else does on here.

My sources are a current Blaze Bayley member, security member at the venue, Blaze Bayley, the police statement and the hospital statement. Those are to me the most reliable sources I can have in this case.

I stick with my comment says it all... To me it feels like their statement was made very quickly, without checking all the facts about it, just so it would look like they were not in fault for not completing the tour... Never in my life have I heard a musician refuse to play because their cheek was hurting or that they needed hospital care for a bruise, especially several hours after the incedent happened. I still believe that my findings at the time are true and that blaze handled the situation the best way he could at the time.

Later a reaction by an administrator (4 June):

So, as we all don't exactly know what really happened there between Blaze and the bass player, there is no need to argue or do speculations about it. Blaze will sort this out with the other guy and that's it...

If someone wants to go on with all this here, please use email or PM but not this thread. Thanks!

Then silence.

Love the way the mod says: My sources are a current Blaze Bayley member,..
Like members can be fired any second. ;-)

Blaze is sounding better than ever, I have to say! He's always had a limited range, but in recent live performances I've seen from him, he seems to have maximised his vocal potential with the limited range he has. If he were to sing on The X Factor or Virtual XI now, I think he'd sound better on them!

I was referring to the incident with the bass player and the bruise or cut on his cheek.
The acoustic versions sound good, way better than how he sounded on The King of Metal.
Also, who is the kid accompanying him on the guitar, he's real good?

A OK, yes agreed then. :)

Thomas Zwijsen, some Dutch dude Blaze has teamed up with. On his YouTube channel there's a shitload of Maiden covers.

Here's Blazes set from his acoustic performance on the 29th:

Lord of The Flies
The Launch
The Truth Revealed >
Meant To Be
Stare At The Sun
I Like It Hot
One More Step
Man On The Edge
Surrounded By Sadness
Broken Doll
2 A.M.
Judge Me
Soundtrack of My Life
The Clansman
Doctor Doctor
Como Estais Amigos
The Trooper
-----------------
Sign of The Cross
Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Angel And The Gambler

Source: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20985

That would be pretty sweet to hear.

It actually intrigues me that he does stuff like The Trooper/Hallowed because of course he has no writing credit to them etc, it's quite unusual for artists to do that - you will get the odd cover etc in a set but usually it's a totally random cover not one from a previous band. Like Bruce used to do Powerslave/Revelations or Dio used to do Heaven and Hell/Silver Mountain.

My biggest query though... is was it the full version of TAATG?

Some interesting 25 August footage.

Lightning Strikes Twice, for the first time since he left Maiden:

Doctor, Doctor (acoustic)

Virus

Man on the Edge

The comments on that article are a perfect exhibition on virtually everything I hate about people.
Sadly, that's your typical Blabbermouther. Damn, Blaze sure sounds amazing in the above performances! I'll never forget seeing him live last year. He was SO AMAZING!!! Please see him if he comes your way!

Another thing that makes him so amazing is when he gives his speeches between songs. Normally I hate when frontmen do that because it's boring and brings the show to a halt, but not with Blaze! He puts so much power and passion into his speaking. It's unlike anything I've ever heard before!

Back