Black Metal

I probably listen to BM more than any other style. If we're going for some classics then Bathory, Darkthrone and Mayhem would have to be there:

Ah Inquisition! A band I can't tell if they are awful or genius haha! If you know what I mean?

Inquisition grew on me, I don't mind the vocals anymore :p

New Satyricon album is fucking awesome. Perhaps the best black metal album this year.

(though this song isn't really black metal, it's still awesome)

The new Satyricon is cool and definitely better than many claim but they have gone through a downfall and will probably never again be as great and pure as they were in the 90s. Looking at the album as a whole, it tends to have that out-of-ideas, fatigued feel. The only aspect that has become better is obviously the production.

Dimmu is pretty good, probably the first black metal band I enjoyed.

I've really gotten into black metal over the past year or so. I've checked out all the "classics" like Bathory and Darkthrone as well as some more contemporary stuff. I heard 2 or 3 really good Black Metal albums last year. I've found that I really go for Black Metal fused with other styles. Black Metal by itself can be somewhat one dimensional but when you combine with a more contrasting style the results end up being really cool.

Dimmu Borgir was my favourite band when I was 9-12 years old.
Their first 3 albums are actually really nice.

Back