between a youtube and I had with this

I found a period once.  But never three.

Sorry, thought I was in a madness thread.  I'll be good.

Wasted155 said:
I found a period once.  But never three.

Sorry, thought I was in a madness thread.  I'll be good.

I've never found one of those, though I have found a full stop.  :p

When he redid his post in General Discussion, it included a link to Maiden arriving at the Santiago airport in 2004.  However, the link isn't included on this version of the post.

So cut him some slack please.  Why do we have to attack each new member?

GuineaPig said:
When he redid his post in General Discussion, it included a link to Maiden arriving at the Santiago airport in 2004.  However, the link isn't included on this version of the post.

So cut him some slack please.  Why do we have to attack each new member?

"Attack"? A bit of a strong word there.
The atmosphere of this forum has never been super-strict and super-polite, of course strict rules are enforced well and everyone is generally polite, but I'm talking about going as far as not even joking with a new member here.
Perhaps it makes new members feel embarrassed or isolated, but I think it gives the forum a more friendly atmosphere. As long as someone such as yourself comes into the thread to re-assure the new member that we are not personally attacking the member and just being the clowns some of us usually are when it comes to making fun of mistakes.

Obviously, Ardius hasn't gotten the memo: Don't attack the newbies.

I am aware that you did not attack. But you seem to say that it's OK to attack a newbie if you're just joking - and since the newbie is, by definition, new and doesn't know you, he might not see it as a joke. And then you further think it's OK to depend on someone else to come back and correct your mistake.

These attitudes are wrong, and actions of that sort will get you suspended.

The correct version is:
It's OK to joke with a newbie, but be careful of what you say until you know the newbie better. And if he does take offense, apologize.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Obviously, Ardius hasn't gotten the memo: Don't attack the newbies.

I am aware that you did not attack. But you seem to say that it's OK to attack a newbie if you're just joking - and since the newbie is, by definition, new and doesn't know you, he might not see it as a joke. And then you further think it's OK to depend on someone else to come back and correct your mistake.

These attitudes are wrong, and actions of that sort will get you suspended.

The correct version is:
It's OK to joke with a newbie, but be careful of what you say until you know the newbie better. And if he does take offense, apologize.

I said precisely what you just said, just not as well worded - my main downfall when it comes to making a point it seems.

Joking is great, and I for one was. If offence was taken I apologize. I seem to recall that some of the most vicious attackers of previous newbies have been the mods themselves though......  :innocent:

Yes, and we've decided to learn a little from past experience.

Also, Deano's been banned for 2 weeks.  Any posts from Deano you see in the future 2 weeks are by thousand_suns.

Wait, wasn't that some sort of Elton John song?  Something about Deano breaking wind and candles and such? :smartarse:

I say go for it Invader, I've been feeling a little "burnt out" lately.  :)

Sorry, that comment was way to clever to be a thousnd_suns post.... um .... I love Virtual XI so much, do you?

Back