Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Mother Of Mercy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Great Unknown

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The Writing On The Wall

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Two years ago when I started getting back into IM after decades this question would have been easy for me: Murders in the Rue Morgue by a lot with Sea of Madness as the runner up.

But now my favorite song on that list is The Great Unknown. What a brilliant outro.

Reactions: Eli
There are a number of 9/10 songs in the third slot on various albums, but for me only one 10/10 song — “Can I Play With Madness”.

My eyes went to the bottom part directly as I'd definetely vote for a reunion song. :) The Writing on the Wall gets my vote, however any song in the last 6 except MOM, (which is weaker than the other 5) is a winner for me. I'd add ATSS only from the rest.

Last edited:
I’ll vote for Man on the Edge as one of Maidens hardest, most aggressive songs and a certified banger.

Baking is indeed wild.

Tough choice for me. I voted for "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns". It's the epic at its best and very pleasant song to hear on a masterpiece that is 'A Matter Of Life And Death'. Nevertheless, I would also have voted for "The Prisoner", "Flight Of Icarus", "Losfer Words", "Sea Of Madness", "No Prayer For The Dying", "Afraid To Shoot Strangers", "Man On The Edge", "Brave New World" and "The Writing On The Wall", all of these are great too.

Reactions: Eli
There are a number of 9/10 songs in the third slot on various albums, but for me only one 10/10 song — “Can I Play With Madness”.
This is my least favorite song on that entire album.

Also, many of those third songs are clear 10/10s. Strangers, Losfer, Lies,, Mercy, Suns, etc. All good tunes.

If you really think "Mother Of Mercy" is a 10/10, then I'm truly at a losfer words.
I do. It’s a great song imo. It’s different from most Maiden songs. It has a neat cadence/feel to it. Reminds me a little of Afraid to Eat Strangers.

This is my least favorite song on that entire album.

I agree, Madness is massively outshone by everything else on its parent album, and by at least eight other third-position tracks listed here. Mother of Mercy isn't one of them though, sorry, can't agree there. :lol:

As for my vote, it's going to Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, which is very closely followed by Brave New World. This is a really strong list of songs actually, makes a pretty solid playlist.

I do. It’s a great song imo. It’s different from most Maiden songs. It has a neat cadence/feel to it. Reminds me a little of Afraid to Eat Strangers.
It's a good song with great intro/outro, heavy riff, tempo/groove, solo, drumming and pre-chorus, but the chorus is not good for Bruce. I wish it was different. The song has a big AMOLAD vibe imo. Btw, the intro is pretty long for a 5 minutes long song.

What do you mean it's different from most Maiden songs?

Back