• Brave New World

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Gates Of Tomorrow

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
To qualify for this poll, the song title had to have three or more words with all words in alphabetical order.

This poll exists for two reasons:
1. We haven't had a new poll in a while, and we need one.
2. I've got too much time on my hands.

My vote: Back In The Village. Those guitar lines just kick serious booty.

As usual, explain your vote or Maverick will beat up your dog.

SinisterMinisterX said:
You must have way to much time to go through their repitoire to find songs to qualify for this poll ^_^
My vote is for Brave new World.

As usual, explain your vote or Maverick will beat up your dog.
Eh.. I like the intro and the version on Rock In Rio is sublime.

Fortunes of War...  from a classic album, great transition of slow parts to fast parts, Blaze's vocal percformance is superb.

When us Europeans are watching the World Cup, it's nice to see SMX has spent his time wisely :p

My vote goes to BNW.  Why? :huh:  Uhm,  because I like it? :p  No,  seriously now,  Great guitar melodies and a superb live.

Wow, good to see that we aren't wasting our time with pointless polls here.  Actually, that gives me an idea... :innocent:

Anyway, I voted BNW, because of the cool intro, solos, crowd-shout harmony after the solos, live atmosphere etc. etc.

Back in the Village. It's just such a fast and hectic song, different from most other Maiden songs. The riff is also great, as you said.

'Back In The Village' for me too. It's dynamic (I love it in my player when I walk fast), complex and yet simple, fugue-ish. My favourite riff is the one surrounding Dave's solo.

Back In The Village because it has 4 words in alphabetical order whereas the others have only 3.

'Lightning Strikes Twice' because it puts the alledgedly impossible into alphabetic order. Beat that!

I voted for Brave New World because I love the intro and the lyrics especially.

well, back in the village is so clever, but I'll vote Brave New World. it's much better, and I think has allready marked a new era to the hearts of everyfan who took part to the '99 reunion !!

for these reason, this song is a classic, it has all qualities of a classic song, but the most importanty : it carries the memorie of a massively beloved moment !!

SinisterMinisterX said:
Lord McCloud 85 wins a praise for resurrecting one of my silly polls!  B)

There's so many, it's kind of inevitable that someone stumbles across one at some point in time... :D

No, you get a praise for that, silly.  :p

I think I should elaborate on my reasons for choosing Brave New World. The opening really sets the mood for the song, and while its sad, its not like a requiem, its more melancholy, and beautiful in its melancholy. I like the lyrics so much because it really reflects my thoughts on the novel by the same name. Actually, the first time I heard it I was really curious to see if the song would make any reference to the book, or if the title was just chosen because it sounds good (at the time I was totally new to Maiden and thought that they might be as shallow in their choice of song title as many other bands are). I was really pleasantly surprised when I realized that whoever wrote the lyrics obviously read the novel and was making a sort of musical comentary to it. Everytime non-Maiden fans tell me that Maiden is all about the image and has no substance, I give them the examples of Brave New World, Lord of the Flies and Paschendale. That makes them think twice, it does! ;)

SinisterMinisterX said:
This poll exists for two reasons:
1. We haven't had a new poll in a while, and we need one.

Hahahahaha, very funny that one ! :)

Difficult to make a choice though..!

Brave New World it will be, I guess. Great guitar intro and the mid-piece is stunning - also, I like the couplettes a lot. Bruce's dramatic vocals and lyrics do the rest.

But Fortunes of War and Lightning Strikes Twice are also quite special.

Fortunes of War I will always remember for the thundering drums in the intro, when I heard it live.
This intro really has a nice build-up, also right after it with cool guitar work by Dave. Maiden hardly played this slow and heavy as on this track. Later the great (a la double bass) right foot of mister flatnose does a sublime job !
Lightning Strikes Twice is my favorite track of Virtual XI.

The other two songs explain why they're never played live.   :p  ;) 
(nonsense from my side, of course, because I am a HUGE fan of The Duellists, a song that also was never played live)

Back In the Village is awesome! It's overlooked on Powerslave for obvious reasons.

My husband always bitches when he jams that song cuz it's so fast...he says "Harris is like the Energizer Bunny with batteries shoved up his forearm"  :lol:

I love singing along to BITV, and my vote goes ot it.  :ok:

Back