Best song on The Final Frontier

Discussion in 'Best of / Worst of Polls forum' started by Patrick Watts, Jul 17, 2013.

?

What is your favourite song from The Final Frontier?

1. Satellite 15....The Final Frontier

3.8%
  2. El Dorado

11.5%
  3. Mother of Mercy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Coming Home

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Alchemist

3.8%
  6. Isle of Avalon

3.8%
  7. Starblind

15.4%
  8. The Talisman

19.2%
  9. The Man Who Would Be King

3.8%
  10. When the Wild Wind Blows

38.5%
  1. Patrick Watts

Patrick Watts Invader

The Final Frontier featured many great songs on it, but which was your favourite? Please select and say why

2. Pand

Pand Ancient Mariner

For me, "The Talisman", no question. Loved it the first time I heard it, love it even more now. A wonderfully evocative opening before you're dragged through six or seven minutes of excellent non-stop metal without being given much space to come up for air. A great narrative, some of Bruce's best vocals on the album, and an excellent live version on En Vivo.

Second for me would probably be "Coming Home", for a reason I can't quite explain. I find it oddly alluring.

Night Prowler likes this.
  3. Collin

Collin King of Listmakers

I'm pretty sure there's already a thread like this, but I don't know. When the Wild Wind Blows, my favorite song of all time.

karljant likes this.
  4. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Absolutely Wild Wind.

karljant likes this.
  5. TheSeventhSonRoberto

TheSeventhSonRoberto Rockin in Rio

For the first month of the album's release it was absolutely where the wild wind blows but something strange happened, I put it on blast one day like I usually do and I feel asleep!!!!! Don't know if it was from being tired or bored but that experienced took away the awesomeness of the song for me. It's still a really good song but now my favourite without question is the man who would be king

6. craigim

craigim Invader

El Dorado for me

7. karljant

karljant Trooper

Wild Wind, followed by The Talisman and The Final Frontier

8. Jer

Jer Machine Man

WTWWB, no contest.

karljant likes this.
  9. Confeos

Confeos Nomad

10. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

The Talisman - one of the best reunion songs and overall from Maiden discography.

karljant likes this.
  11. Palpy

Palpy Blacker than the night