Best Song Contest- Round 3, Part 3- The Grand Final!

Yes, I also don't share the criticism I once read that it was too happy. I think the music reflects well the bitter-sweet content. The lyrics are also about a hope, so it should not be darker imho.

Dear friends, we've come to the final part of our poll. Thanks a lot to everyone for joining. It lasted almost 3 months and some results were surprising, some were expected. I was happy to see my top 3 IM songs were all voted as the best songs of their respective albums (TBOS, Dance of Death and The Talisman), even though none of them made it to the semi-finals.

Let us vote one last time and decide which song will be the champion. Classic 1984 epic ROTAM or the latest (and hopefully soon to be classic) epic Hell on Earth?

Two of Maiden's most amazing timeless classics! Rime Of The Ancient Mariner is a song that can only be created once in a lifetime - it's without a proper chorus, but it's perfect! If Hell On Earth had another repeat of the main chorus then I'd think twice.

I would love Hell On Earth to be the winner too.

Reactions: Eli
or the latest (and hopefully soon to be classic) epic Hell on Earth?
It's already a classic. This poll is the proof.
Both 10/10 songs for me, but “Hell On Earth” gets the nod for being less repetitive.
I don't think Rime is that repetitive (maybe only the middle part). Everything is perfect including the length of the song. Funnily enough, Hell On Earth needs more repetition.

Reactions: Eli
I feel like hell on earth will not become a real classic, in 10 years it will be seen the same as how WTWWB is seen right now : a very good song but not top 15 material.

I feel like hell on earth will not become a real classic, in 10 years it will be seen the same as how WTWWB is seen right now : a very good song but not top 15 material
You may be right, time will tell. However, WTWWB is a top 5 song for me and much better then the classics like The Trooper, Aces High, 2MTM, RTTH, HBTN and many more...

I feel like hell on earth will not become a real classic, in 10 years it will be seen the same as how WTWWB is seen right now : a very good song but not top 15 material.
Well, what's the latest song that's as much of a classic as the 80's stuff? Fear of the Dark? The Clansman? Dance of Death?

Both 10/10 songs, both in my personal top ten, but Rime still takes this rather handily. Though it's not the best song on the Powerslave album. :p

No contest.
Hell on Earth is a great, fantastic song, lots of interesting parts, the 3 minute intro is fantastic, the many melodies are great. What a fantastic song.

On the other hand Rime just drags on and on and on playing the same riff right from the beginning, a little respite in the middle but so damn slow and long that you just want to fall asleep, and then right back into that same riff, again and again and again. What a dull song and it just drags on for so long. The very worst song from a great album. Probably one of the very worst long epics of Maiden's 40 year career, except for Sign of the Cross and The Angel and the Gambler which are 1,000 times worse than Rime.

Back