Best song contest-Round 1, Part 4

Choose the best song in Piece of Mind

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eli

Educated Fool
It seems "Hallowed" is untouchable and won easily in part 3, while my favourite COTD received 2 votes only. I was surprised to see that almost nobody voted for title track-TNOTB, considering its popularity and being a regular song in every concert...

Anyway, it's Piece of Mind's turn this time. I guess some people consider this one of the best, even the best album of IM. I don't agree of course, but I respect....

Already in round 2: Phantom of the Opera, Killers, Hallowed Be Thy Name

Revelations! By far the best song in the album for me. I guess my favourite will be the winner this time, it's got 100% of the votes so far:D

Gotta go with the immortal classic "The Trooper" here. "To Tame A Land" and its repetitive, poorly phrased bullshit can suck my donkey's balls.

Voted for Revelations. Because it's a very early sign of upcoming TCW. :D
Great mystic/poetic lyrics and kick ass music. Before voting I thought this song will not be favorite, there's Trooper, you know. For now, Revelations is leading with seven votes.
To Tame a Land is not fully fulfilled epic, for me. I don't like that is about Dune.

Last edited:
I've been hearing The Trooper since it was new however I didn't know the rest of the album until I got back into the band in 2020. Since them it's been in my top 3 IM albums. Upon listening my immediate favorites were Revelations and Die With Your Boots On.

Unlike many fans I very much like side 2 (except for Quest for Fire). Still Life if brilliant and yes, I enjoy Sun and Steel.

Having said that, Die With Your Boots On is my favorite song on PoM and gets my vote here.

Where Eagles Dare for me, as this is the 1st song on which we can hear Nicko McBrain playing drums and because the intro break is a killer one and you can instantly guess what's the song, exactly the same as Judas Priest' Painkiller.

I expected this poll to be a lopsided rout in favor of The Trooper so even though I've always enjoyed that song (and still do) I also like seeing that people appreciate the other songs as well.

Reactions: Eli
Back