• Charlotte the Harlot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eli

Educated Fool
All right amigos! Here is the best song contest as promised. In the first round we will select the best song in each album by voting and you can vote for only 1 song everytime. For the first 3 albums I will use the 1998 remaster tracklist and non-album tracks will not be in the list. Changing votes or seeing results before voting won't be possible. I will allow 48 hours each time, as I may not be able to update the contest daily (due to other assignments); and who knows, we may get more participation this way...

In round 2, the shoot-out will start. However, instead of random matchup, each winner will compete in its own decade, so we will end up with 4 songs (1 from each decade-80s, 90s, 2000s and 2010s) for the semi finals. Senjutsu will compete in the 2010s category since it has no rival in 2020s. We will have a 3-way standoff (Just like in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly:)) where necessary, due to uneven number of albums in each decade (except the 90s).

Round 3 will see the best song of each decade competing to be the final champion. May the best gun :) win!

Phantom is in my overall Top 15 IM, only one from the debut album.
By the early voting I see a lot of folks agree on this being the best from this album.

Reactions: Eli
"Phantom Of The Opera" is one of the most overrated songs in Maiden's catalog. For me, this particular contest comes down to "Prowler" vs. "Remember Tomorrow", and the latter track has more interesting songwriting, so I'll go with that one.

"Strange World" for me. A rarity in Maiden's catalogue in that it stays mellow throughout, it showed there was going to be a lot to Maiden's music. It's also got Dennis's best solo on the album and also shows off Paul's versatility. Great song.

"Strange World" for me. A rarity in Maiden's catalogue in that it stays mellow throughout, it showed there was going to be a lot to Maiden's music. It's also got Dennis's best solo on the album and also shows off Paul's versatility. Great song.
I forgot to mention this one, it would also be in the top 3 from the debut album for me along with "Prowler" and "Remember Tomorrow".

Back