Best Power Metal band?

Good boy [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] - Now put "Think not Forever" on repeat and enjoy [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

From the bands listed by people above, I would choose Blind Guardian for their lyrics. How do you actually define power metal though? Can "speed metal" bands like Anthrax and Metallica not be put in the same category as there is barely any difference I can see.

Dragonforce, hammerfall, and Gamma Ray, really man, i love this music, my band just gets lost in it, Gamma Ray is our influnce and we just get lost, im gettin all soft here but people take your granted how beautfil power metal lyrics and music is, its beautiful :'(

For the definition on Power Metal check out [a href=\'http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Power_metal\' target=\'_blank\']http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Power_metal[/a]

I vote for Blind Guardian. It's the first metal band I've listened to and my second favorite after Iron Maiden [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I really like Sonata Arctica. They have some nice catchy songs, but don't overindulge with the cheesy lyrics, and Tomi doesn't sing extremely high to a point where it gets annoying, and they have a great young guitar player. Edguy is also another great power metal band. I've only heard their albums Theater of Salvation and Hellfire Club, but they are pretty good. Tobias Sammet has a great voice, reminds me a little of Bruce. Stratovarius is also a good band, but they are too inconsistent. And of course, Keepers I and II are the blue prints for power metal, and are great albums.

I'd have to say Evergrey, beacause they are a little bit different, why?, because the vocals are not so high and the music it's a little bit heavier. Give em' a try. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Metal_made+Dec 9 2005, 12:45 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Metal_made @ Dec 9 2005, 12:45 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'd have to say Evergrey, beacause they are a little bit different, why?, because the vocals are not so high and the music it's a little bit heavier.  Give em' a try.  [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]124787[/snapback]​
[/quote]

in that case try Grave Digger. Rheingold and The Last Supper are their two latest and both BRILLIANT.

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Dec 9 2005, 03:07 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Dec 9 2005, 03:07 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]in that case try Grave Digger. Rheingold and The Last Supper are their two latest and both BRILLIANT.
[snapback]124800[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Okay, I'll download a couple of songs [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hey, Crystal Empire have a link to your band on their site! You shamless self promoter [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Try to listen to Freedom Call...that's some good shit, right there [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

personally, I find Freedom call to be generic, uninspiring and just too darn cheasy. Don't get me wrong, cheese is good, but these guys take it too far. They've made some good songs, but there's nothing new here, they just take whatever Power Metal cliche they find and copy it to death.

Try Twilightning instead, just to mention one band that actually sound a tad different.

I think there's no doubt, that best power metal bands come from Germany, like Helloween and Blind Guardian, though I like The Kamelot a lot.

Okey...what do you think of Falconer? [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-$yk0_H+Dec 12 2005, 02:00 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE($yk0_H @ Dec 12 2005, 02:00 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]they just take whatever Power Metal cliche they find and copy it to death.
[snapback]124896[/snapback]​
[/quote]

That's what I think will be the downfall of power metal. Bands go around saying 'hey, look at us, we can be even more cheesier and cliched than that other generic power metal band around the corner! Plus our swords are longer!'. It seems like a fifteen minutes of fame (okay, more like seconds) not worth having. Same bloody thing happenes to death and black metal.

Tribuzy is a pretty good new power metal band. Their debut album came out earlier this year and it featured a number of guest appearances including some guy called Bruce Dickinson.

Back