Best of the Beast

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
I went to my local record store yesterday and saw a brand new unopened (still in plastic) copy of Best of the Beast for a very reasonable price. I did not buy it as I didn't really want a best of album. I would like to know if it is rare and if so, what the value is. I would also like to know if I should buy it next time.

I have the older double cd with card board case and color booklet.  Whether it's worth anything or not I don't know, but the booklet is great.

Mosh said:
I went to my local record store yesterday and saw a brand new unopened (still in plastic) copy of Best of the Beast for a very reasonable price. I did not buy it as I didn't really want a best of album. I would like to know if it is rare and if so, what the value is. I would also like to know if I should buy it next time.

Depending on the version, this isn't just another of those crappy best of albums.

The best of albums were all released later, and only feature album tracks.

i think it was a double CD. I thought about getting it for virus.

In what kind of case? There's also some Soundhouse Tapes recordings plus a live version of ATSS with Blaze.

Yeah, the single CD BotB is okay, if it's cheap, for Virus. If it's not dirt cheap, nope. The double, though, has some great stuff on it.

Back