Best New Music - 2021 edition

The_7th_one

Ancient Mariner
As @Cornfed Hick did with the Best New Music - 2020 edition. I think it's time to make the right thread for this year.
Share your favorite albums released in 2021 Metal or non metal.

My first one is going to be the 'The Dead Daisies - Holy Ground' album.
It's just a stunning album with a brilliant Glenn Hughes and a very good Doug Aldrich on the guitar.
@The Dissident made a great review of this album here

Last edited:
Ricky Warwick - When Life was Hard and Fast (2021)
Awesome album. The first disc with original songs has a lot of great fast and hard rock stuff with catchy chorus and powerful guitar work. It reminded me to his old band The Almighty. Ricky has a unique voice. It comes with a bonus disc of acoustic covers included Maiden's Wrathchild and The Almighty's Jesus don't loves you…but I don't . This album has surprised me a lot for good.

Front.jpg

Steve Hackett - Under a Mediterranean Sky (2021)

Cover.jpg

Steve Hackett has released a new and wonderful instrumental and acoustic album . Under A Mediterranean Sky is Steve Hackett’s first acoustic solo album since Tribute in 2008 and takes inspiration from Steve’s extensive travels around the Mediterranean with his wife Jo.
Steve play a classic guitar trough the whole album. The music takes you to ancient times. It's warm and beautiful. Songs like 'The memory of Myth', 'Sirocco' or 'Mdina (The walled city)' are just beautiful. Everybody knows that Steve was the guitarist of the early Genesis but it has an amazing 45 years as solo artist with a lot of very good albums trough his whole career. Once more time for the lovers of classical guitar music. It's a highly recommended album.

Last edited:
Thunder - All the right noises (2021)

cover.jpg

Phenomenal album from these British rockers. It's a very very good album. It sounds spectacular, great songs, rockers songs, catchy chorus and a couple of quite but amazing ones. One of the best albums I heard this year

Last edited:
This band keeps being suggested to me by Youtube. Some of their music is good, other songs a bit boring.
Yeah, I had dabbled with their earlier stuff before and had a similar impression, but Final Days is a definite winner for me. Continues to grow with each listen. Definitely the best power metal album I’ve heard in years.

Michael Schenker Group - Inmortal (2021)

A very good album by this new lineup of the MSG. This album has surprised me a lot. Has collaborations of several singers to make the album like Ralf Scheppers, Ronnie Romero or Joe Lynn Turner. All are great and Michael Schenker plays great riffs and guitar solos trough the whole album but the last song 'In search of Peace of Mind' a remake of his first composition with Scorpions, contains a great ending guitar solo.

cover.jpg

Steve Hackett - Under a Mediterranean Sky (2021)

View attachment 14082

Steve Hackett has released a new and wonderful instrumental and acoustic album . Under A Mediterranean Sky is Steve Hackett’s first acoustic solo album since Tribute in 2008 and takes inspiration from Steve’s extensive travels around the Mediterranean with his wife Jo.
Steve play a classic guitar trough the whole album. The music takes you to ancient times. It's warm and beautiful. Songs like 'The memory of Myth', 'Sirocco' or 'Mdina (The walled city)' are just beautiful. Everybody knows that Steve was the guitarist of the early Genesis but it has an amazing 45 years as solo artist with a lot of very good albums trough his whole career. Once more time for the lovers of classical guitar music. It's a highly recommended album.

OK, this is great.
I've just heard a couple of songs but it was enough to put in my favourites and listen to it proprely later. Thanks for that!

I haven't heard anything worth mentioning. Maybe L.W. by King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, but it's not that memorable.

Adrian Smith / Ritchie Kotzen (2021)

After a few listens I have to say that I love this album from the first song to the last one. It's a kind of bluesy style, some heavy riffs and guitar solos everywhere and the blues and rock groove is in each song. Adrian and Ritchie sing amazing with their own different style. Sometimes you can hear grooves like Free or Purple when Glenn Hughes was singing, the chorus of the songs are very catchy and the sound achieved is great. This album has great songs like taking my chances, running, scars, solar fire, til tomorrow,… F***ing great album. I think it's going to be one of the best albums of the year. Highly recommended.

cover.jpg

Evanescence has released The Bitter Truth their first proper studio album in 10 years, since the band doesn't count 2017's synthesis as a studio album this is their first since 2011's self titled.

A nice compact 47 minute album The Bitter Truth shows off little bits of everything the band has become known for on their previous studio efforts, it features songs written for their self titled album, 12 tracks, the first two which segue into one another, my personal favourite remains the single Use My Voice. It is a nice and strong album from start to finish with only a single true ballad and only 1 song which didn't click for me on the first listen. I might even do an album review in the future for it.

Evanescence has released The Bitter Truth their first proper studio album in 10 years, since the band doesn't count 2017's synthesis as a studio album this is their first since 2011's self titled.

A nice compact 47 minute album The Bitter Truth shows off little bits of everything the band has become known for on their previous studio efforts, it features songs written for their self titled album, 12 tracks, the first two which segue into one another, my personal favourite remains the single Use My Voice. It is a nice and strong album from start to finish with only a single true ballad and only 1 song which didn't click for me on the first listen. I might even do an album review in the future for it.

Sounds very good!!!

a1496838987_16.jpg

Lunar Shadow - Wish to Leave

From my notes: A groovy masterpiece. This is what I once imagined the heavy metal of the future to sound like. I'm going to follow this band, best new album I heard since late 2019.

It's on Spotify and YouTube, easy to find.

a1496838987_16.jpg

Lunar Shadow - Wish to Leave

From my notes: A groovy masterpiece. This is what I once imagined the heavy metal of the future to sound like. I'm going to follow this band, best new album I heard since late 2019.

It's on Spotify and YouTube, easy to find.
I listened the whole album. Not really bad, but it sounds pretty amateurish. And it's poorly produced IMHO.

Back