best Maiden album cover by Derek Riggs?

best Maiden album cover by Derek Riggs is...

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Killers

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Piece Of Mind

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Live After Death

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Somewhere In Time

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Toss up between LAD and Somewhere In Time.

Normally I'd always pick SIT, but you included LAD which is the first Maiden album I fell in love with. The cover was and is so striking!

It was between the detailed SIT and the mighty LAD. I picked the latter because I was planning to listen to it today anyway. Great Eddie!

Powerslave and Live After Death
And i'd include Killers - imo, it is very iconic looking.

Edit: I found a solution, ha ha. For studio album I vote - Powerslave, for live album - Live After Death :D

Last edited:
This is my top 3 :

1) Live After Death (the colors are just gorgeous, this balance between the blue and the yellow is terrific, Derek has manage to reproduce in his own style the clear/obscure style of Rembrandt but with a very impressive bichromatic palette, and the Eddie is just amazing).
2) Powerslave (once again, the colors are just very nice, softer and very bright at the same time, the Pharaoh Eddie is beautiful and the details are extraordinary disseminated through the artwork and the booklet, plus this is the very first Maiden I've listened and I immediately felt in love with this masterpiece, that's why it's my 2nd favorite cover)
3) Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son ex-aequo (the 1st one is marvellous with its huge amount of details and I love Blade Runner, the 2nd one is very relaxing with its equilibrium of pastel blue and white/yellow/red/green)

It’s between LAD and TNOTB. I went with the latter. Technically you’re also missing A Real Live / Dead One.

Seventh Son for me. My favorite artist is Dali and I love the surrealistic tones and flurpens of the Seventh Son cover.

Somewhere In Time gets my vote. It was the first Iron Maiden album I bought. I would lie on the bed with album cover pouring over it while the LP was spinning.

Also, I just found out that Riggs didn't do the Fear Of The Dark cover. I never knew it wasn't his.

Back