BEST BAND EVER: Results!

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 7:
Criss Oliva - 10 votes
Kaki King - 10 votes
Shawn Lane - 10 votes
Steven Wilson - 10 votes

Relevant question: are we supposed to be voting for the absolute players overall, or the people who would play best in “The Best Band Ever”? Because Tosin Abasi is a beast, but he plays in an instrumental band that could essentially be called Tosin Abasi As Tosin Abasi.

Whatever your criteria is, it's fine by me. Although I'd prefer if y'all would choose favorite/least favorite. I mean, there's no doubt that Tosin Abasi is, for example, way way more technically adept than, for example, Adrian Smith, but who would you rather have in the best band ever? Also, the poll says "Vote for your LEAST favorite guitarist(s) :)

With Lane already gone and Abasi about to go as well, yet with fucking TREMONTI AND MCCREADY still in, I get the feeling youse are just trolling. :facepalm: I should have nominated Chad Kroeger and Pat Smear.

I'm genuinely curious, is Tremonti a highly rated guitarist?
Yes, he is. I'm not sure what you want to see as proof, but I can gather a list of reputed sources that speak highly of his guitar playing and songwriting skills once I get off my phone and reach my laptop. I can't speak about the technicalities, of course, but I can say why I think he is so good.

He's entirely self-taught, which means he has a very distinct style. Yet, he's extremely versatile. Even though he's mostly known as a "shredder", his playing is always very melodic. He always claims that melody comes before everything else, which makes his sound very pleasing to the ear. Also, he's very level-headed and focused and continues to challenge himself constantly, developing both his songwriting and playing over the years, not resting on his laurels or accolades. Last but not least, he's very inspiring (to me, at least) and is just a great role model. As I said, my point of view is purely subjective, but this is what the idea of the poll is anyway.

Edit: from Wikipedia
Loudwire Music Awards
2013 Mark Tremonti Best Guitarist Nominated
2015 Mark Tremonti Best Guitarist Won

Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards
2008 Mark Tremonti Best Shredder Nominated
2014 Mark Tremonti Riff Lord Won

Tremonti was also named "Guitarist of the Year" for three consecutive years by Guitar World magazine,[2] and in 2011 he was listed as the fourth greatest heavy metal guitarist of all time by Total Guitar.[3] In addition, and also in 2011, the guitar solo in the Alter Bridge song "Blackbird," which Tremonti performed with Myles Kennedy, was named the greatest guitar solo of all time by Guitarist magazine.[23]

Last edited:
It's absolutely mindboggling that Shawn Lane and Tosin Abasi won't make it past the first part of the game. Blasphemous.

It's absolutely mindboggling that Shawn Lane and Tosin Abasi won't make it past the first part of the game. Blasphemous.

Were we supposed to be voting for the most talented guitarist as part of the most talented band ever game?

Besides solos I'm also going for songwriting and/or other musical capacities such as riffing. Basically, anything that can be appealing and that has to do with music.

Back