Best Album to be played live in full

They did it with AMOLAD but could they have pulled it off with any other album? (Sorry if this has a

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Killers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TNOTB

• Piece of Mind

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Somewhere in Time

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Seventh Son

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • No Prayer for the Dying

• Fear of the Dark

• The X Factor

• Virtual XI

• Brave New World

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Dance of Death

• Total voters
Personally I think Seventh Son due it's concept theme and also Somewhere In Time could both have been played front to back on their respective tours.

(I don't know the current tour set list and don't want to either, so when I comment on "rarely played" I don't count SBIT World Tour- for all I know, they may be playing the song right now somewhere in Australia).

Since Powerslave and Seventh Son are my two favorite albums it's got to be one of those. And, since actually only two songs from SSOASS have never been played live (The Prophecy, Only The Good Die Young - correct me if I'm mistaken and they've been played earlier) while Powerslave has got three (Flash, Duellists and BITV, all very enjoyable songs) I would say Powerslave.

It also has my favourite "golden years"-song, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, on it. Having all those 8 songs played together, finishing it with ROTAM would be soooooo great.

(I am of course aware that Moonchild, Infinite Dreams, SSOASS haven't been played very much, but the same goes for Losfer Words and ROTAM. Did they ever play Losfer Words throughout a whole tour? Must see the Commentary.)

Back in the Village said:
Personally I think Seventh Son due it's concept theme and also Somewhere In Time could both have been played front to back on their respective tours.

Agreed 100%! Those two albums came to mind immediately. Now I have to choose!  :S

Eddies Wingman said:
(I am of course aware that Moonchild, Infinite Dreams, SSOASS haven't been played very much, but the same goes for Losfer Words and ROTAM. Did they ever play Losfer Words throughout a whole tour? Must see the Commentary.)

ROTAM was played during two whole tours, non-stop from 1984-1987.

For the rest, please go here, if interested:
http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=16270.0

I'm pretty sure they could have pulled it off with seventh son, what with it having such a clear concept and lots of the songs off of it being great classics.

if it wasn't 7th Son, I would have voted for the first album though

I did vote for the first album. I would absolutely love seeing that played in its entirety and with Paul on vocals. Really, how kick ass would that be?

On first glimpsing the topic, I thought it was an opinion poll on what is the best album played in full that we've seen by anybody. In that case:
Operation Mindcrime.

Powerslave.  My Favourite album and features a number of songs which would be played/ have been played live anyway

As much as I love Powerslave, SIT and 7th Son, I think that Brave New World would be awesome to be played live in its entirety! From The Wicker Man to The Thin Line, every song is spectacular! 7 or 8 out of 10 songs were played anyhow. All except Murray's songs, Nomad and The Thin Line. I believe Fallen Angel was played a few times at the beginning or something.

BNW is a masterpiece!  :D

Double album with Mindcrime and Mindcrime II played in their entirety.

OK, I heard it happened but didn't know the name or that the album was released. That would have been pure heaven!

Think Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son would be ideal to be played in its entirety with the concept storyline going on in this album.

As an aside, i just bought Mindcrime at the Moore last week, great album.

Powergirl81 said:
BNW is a masterpiece!  :D

I definitely agree!

I chose Brave New World because:

a) Every song is, in my opinion, is done in absolute Maiden perfection.

b) The order of the tracks would make the concert flow very nicely.

c) It's a fairly lengthy album compared to Seventh Son of a Seventh Son or Powerslave, which means MORE MAIDEN!

I'm the only one that voted for this, but I think Piece of Mind could have been played live from start to finish.  But I think thats my fav album of all time, and (IMO) every song on that album is great!

Deano said:
OK, I heard it happened but didn't know the name or that the album was released. That would have been pure heaven!

I picked up that 2cd set, and I do like it lots!!!  If you haven't gotten it yet, put it on your list!

Back