Beauty

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Sep 14 2004, 09:47 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Sep 14 2004, 09:47 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Hmm, I see I tend to get people into trouble often for stunts like that... My brother got in trouble in the university library because my msn nick read: Oedipus Rex: The Original Mother Fucker  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]86564[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I can't believe it! You did it again! [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I am one of the best [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

There's not too much I can add about beauty that hasn't been said, but I still have a few things to say. Beauty is simply a combination of appealing qualities in somebody, whether they are physical qualities or not. Therefeore, of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What is beautiful to one person could be repulsive to another. Also, one of the only things separating beauty from "pretty" and such words is that beauty encompasses both external and internal characteristics as many of you have already stated.

I've been with lots of chicks. Most of them being really hot, but not beautiful. That's why those relationships only last up to a predetermined point. However, almost a year ago, I saw one of my ex-girlfriends at a party. We hooked up again, and before I knew it, I realized that she was really beautiful for the first time. We're still going out. This is actually the longest relationship I've ever been in and it's partly due to the fact that she is beautiful. So, yup, that's my story.

interesting... but here is my dilema. pretty is physical, however if beauty is both physical and internal... then that person's internal beauty should make her beautiful to everyone, right? Who would deny the obvious? or does internal beauty also have tastes? people wouldn't like a kind, gentle person? so on and so forth? or because we all look for (what we think) are unique internal qualities of the person is it still in the eye of the beholder. I'm of the school of thought (and i'm starting to think i'm it's only pupil) that if something is beautiful it is obvious to everyone, even if you don't fully appreciate it. Like, Hallowed Be Thy Name, we all agree it is a Maiden Classic and one of maiden's greatest songs. Why? because it is damn obvous how great it is. Edward Munz's The Scream, that Picture has identified with so many people who are not even aware of fine art to a point of finding it's way into t-shirts, tv ads and book covers.... Classical Music has lived on all these years because it is just that... classical, and even if you hate it as a kid, you eventually understand and appreciate its beauty. and that, I believe can happen in a person as well. Physically they can be a lepper, but if inside they are truely beautiful... they are beautiful. So the next question should be.... What do you guys think is internal beauty?

Back