"be Quick" From Donni = "be Quick" From Arldo

gor

Ancient Mariner
Intrigued by this thread over at the IMBB, I played the two versions back to back enough times to realise that, indeed, it is the same recording. The ARLDO booklet states that the version of this song was recorded in Super Rock 92 in Mannheim, Germany, but it seems that this is but another erronous date. Perhaps they didn't want to let everybody know that they released the exact same version of the song in two consecutive live albums. They sure fooled me for more than a decade! Listen for yourself, they are the exact same recording, only that Steve has added crowd noise in the begining of the song in ARLDO...

I have to say I noticed it right away when I got "Live At Donington" [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

It's very evident if you pay attention to the drums, Bruce's scream at the beginning and the solos.
But it is very interesting that the actual sound is pretty different. On "Live At Donington" it has more punch.

I'm also curious to know why it is mislabelled on "A Real Live One" (because it is indeed the recording from Donington 1992 as you can see on the VHS).

[!--quoteo(post=129138:date=Feb 17 2006, 04:13 PM:name=gor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(gor @ Feb 17 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]129138[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Intrigued by this thread over at the IMBB, I played the two versions back to back enough times to realise that, indeed, it is the same recording. The ARLDO booklet states that the version of this song was recorded in Super Rock 92 in Mannheim, Germany, but it seems that this is but another erronous date. Perhaps they didn't want to let everybody know that they released the exact same version of the song in two consecutive live albums. They sure fooled me for more than a decade! Listen for yourself, they are the exact same recording, only that Steve has added crowd noise in the begining of the song in ARLDO...
[/quote]

Dont't forget that these albums were not consecutive.

1. First A Real Live One came out.
2. Then A Real Dead One
3. Then Live at Donington.

I just checked it, and indeed: definitely the same versions. Now I am curious to hear bootleg concerts of both Mannheim and Donington. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=129138:date=Feb 17 2006, 10:13 AM:name=gor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(gor @ Feb 17 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]129138[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]

I noticed it right away as well. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

Hm. interesting, never thought they would do a thing like that, marking the date/venue wrong in the booklet, do you think it's just a mistake?. I mean they made another mistake on A Real Dead One were you can hear them talk in the studio above the intro to The Number Of The Beast, or do you think Steve tried to cover it up because they were going to use it for the Donnington release later, and then just added a false location/date to cover it up?-sneaky!

Hm. interesting, never thought they would do a thing like that, marking the date/venue wrong in the booklet, do you think it's just a mistake?. I mean they made another mistake on A Real Dead One were you can hear them talk in the studio above the intro to The Number Of The Beast, or do you think Steve tried to cover it up because they were going to use it for the Donnington release later, and then just added a false location/date to cover it up?-sneaky!

That's not an error, is Bruce talking to Dave over the intro

One hell of a necro aside, this is interesting. I've never noticed it before - gonna give them both a listen later.

Back