BBC Archives and Beast Over Hammersmith on streaming services - reissues incoming?

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
This has been mentioned here on the forum, but it seems like material from Eddies Archive is now available on streaming services, including in Europe and North America (I’ve heard Best of the B Sides is available in Europe but it’s not in America yet).

I am curious about whether this precludes some sort of reissue, maybe a special vinyl release? Curious if anyone here has some information. Seems a bit unceremonious for albums that have been out of print for years. Great news though, go get yourself some Beast Over Hammersmith if you haven’t yet!

It would make sense if it were and I really hope it's the case. It's very strange that BoH in particular was passed over for a Reissue.

Could they go back and do a nostalgia tour supporting it? It would be out of keeping with the chronological order in which they've done nostalgia tours thus far, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Then again it could just be that they've resolved whatever legal issues that were preventing them putting it up.
It would also make more sense to only release the content on streaming services once it had actually been Reissued, not before.

It makes sense they weren't reissued yet since they were only available as a part of a boxset to begin with. I cherish my 1st edition Eddie's Archive, but would love to have those albums on vinyl as well.

This has been mentioned here on the forum, but it seems like material from Eddies Archive is now available on streaming services, including in Europe and North America (I’ve heard Best of the B Sides is available in Europe but it’s not in America yet).

I am curious about whether this precludes some sort of reissue, maybe a special vinyl release? Curious if anyone here has some information. Seems a bit unceremonious for albums that have been out of print for years. Great news though, go get yourself some Beast Over Hammersmith if you haven’t yet!
Check under compilation albums, I find it there at least from here (Norway).

Cool if it will come out again, evennif I have the first edition. I’m willing to pay a lot if it is reissued, especially if it has more archival material!

It would make sense if it were and I really hope it's the case. It's very strange that BoH in particular was passed over for a Reissue.

Could they go back and do a nostalgia tour supporting it? It would be out of keeping with the chronological order in which they've done nostalgia tours thus far, but I wouldn't put it past them.
I think the Gimme Ed' Till I'm Dead (2003) and Eddie Rips Up The World tours (2005) saw to that, at least partially. Besides, this live album is, historically speaking, a kind of bonus, dug up from the archives, not a "canon" live like LaD, ARLO, ARDO and the more recent ones, so there is less sense in reissuing them, I guess.

EDIT: ...which is, I realize that now, more or less what @chaosapiant just said. :D

Best of the B-sides is up now as well. Streaming this one on Spotify.

Cool to have Burning Ambition, Reach Out, Justice of the Peace, Judgement Day and Doctor Doctor available!

Back